Thread
Printable Version

Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll (FX) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll (FX) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Premires July 16, 2015

Johnny Rock (Denis Leary), lead singer of The Heathens, a rising rock band from the late 80s/early 90s that broke up following the release of only one album, struggles to make it in the music industry 25 years later mainly due to his life of excess. Rock is given a second chance when his estranged daughter Gigi (Elizabeth Gillies) moves to New York to try to make it as a musician. She comes up with a proposition: if her dad reforms the Heathens, she'll replace him as lead singer, the band will change their name to The Assassins, and in return he'll stay on board as lead songwriter for the band, as well as coach to Gigi. Rock experiences the challenges of an aging rock star in a music landscape fueled by hip-hop and pop, as well as caring for someone other than himself for once with his daughter back in his life.

Show Site

Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll - OFFICIAL TRAILER 2015

1x01 Dont Wanna Die Anonymous

I was really surprised that i liked this series and don't let the start put you off , it start off like documentary so as to give background to Jonny and we pick up when he about hit on a very attractive 20 some young women but she punched him and tell him she's his daughter now that what i call a hook and we later find out she wants to use him to get famous but to his surprise she can sing.

By the end of this episode i was hooked so i end up bringe watching all the episodes.

1x02 Clean Rockin Daddy

Gigi forcing her dad to go sober so he can write a song was going to be challenging but when he did try it was awful but finding out he did that on purpose because he wanted the drugs was amusing.

1x03 Lust for Life

When a news story break that Jonny dead his agent tell him stay dead so they could make money

1x04 What You Like Is In The Limo

As a result of fake story about his death they book a reunion tour in Germany and they kind of lose their head forcing Gigi step up and sort it out after Jonny has a bad reaction to the drugs.

1x05 Doctor Doctor

Gigi forcing the whole band to go to a  therapist who gives up by the end because all of them too dysfunctional to be fixed which makes them realise they are great

1x06 Tattoo You"

Gigi showing her dad her tattoo of his name on her arm was sweet and she wanted him to have one of her but he doesn't want to but in the end he does it on his butt as Gigi request but finding out Gigi tattoo was fake was priceless.

1x07 Supercalifragilisticjuliefriggingandrews

It was nice to see Kelly Bishop guest star in this episode as Jonny mother  

1x08 Hard Out Here for a Pimp

Jonny accidently pimping out his daugher because he doesn't like her relationship with Flash was amusing but him turning into her dad was priceless

1x09 Take My Picture by the Pool

Gigi getting a Sony deal was great but they change her image and when she realises she won't be singing she realise it's not worth it thank to Jonny being a dad .

1x10 Because We're Legion

What a season finale i can't believe they dropped that bombshell and the fact it was secret was great but it lead to a great song

If I ever actually catch up with my current list of shows plus some that got cancelled then I might watch this

Reply 13#13 spratt89's post

I had no idea this show existed i saw interview on youtube where actress was talking about this show so i decided to see it i was surprised i hadn't heard about it,

Dennis Leary does great shows  

This has now been added to the VIP site

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

i do find it curious whenever i find a new show it gets added within 1 month

2x01 All That Glitters Is Gold

What they did with ashes was interesting way to remember him   

What a way to find out your best friend did your wife

Thread