Thread
Printable Version

Apple tv stopped working

Apple tv stopped working

I watch VIPTV via my iPad and Apple TV. I start streaming on my iPad then press the icon to transfer it to the TV. This has worked for a couple of years. The icon now seems to have disappeared from the VIPTV page. Any thoughts or ideas as to why? The only thing different is software updates from Apple. Thanks in advance

Have you reset your Apple TV and also switched your iPad on and off? This happens to me sometimes and normally if I restart the Apple TV the icon comes back.

Thanks, but still no luck.

Did you update your iPad to iOS 8 recently? I know some people have had issues since they upgraded. Also, have you checked to make sure you have the most up to date version of Apple TV? That might require an update. The other thing you can try is to mirror your iPad to apple TV. Instructions here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5209

I did update recently to iOS 8. I also have an iPad 3 MD371BA which may be a little old for this update. Apple TV updates automatically. I will look into the mirroring. Thanks for your help. It's all a bit annoying!

Try this....

If you don't see the AirPlay icon in Control Center: 1. Turn off router, Apple TV and iPad 2. Turn on router and then wait 30 seconds for it to complete start-up process 3. Turn on Apple TV and then wait 30 seconds for it to complete start-up process 4. Turn on iPad and test AirPlay

Sadly, that didn't work either.

Maybe post on the apple forum here: https://discussions.apple.com/

I am also very frustrated by loss of AirPlay on the viptv. However, the youtube AirPlay icon still works so this is a VIPtv issue. We have 3 iPads and saw the icon missing on the first 2 after the latest update. I waited on the 3rd update as I saw this right away, but my husband had this ipad and updated it. Between this and the requirement for visa from MasterCard, it's been a unhappy month after so many great years. At least I have a lot of points left before having to figure out a new payment scheme.

Reply 9#9 Renagle's post

Aside from the Apple issue (I can't help with that one), there are other payment options for the site. You can find them HERE.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 9#9 Renagle's post

It isn't a VIPtv issue if the icon is not showing up on the browser, it's a browser issue. You are watching youtube via the app so it's not going to be the same issue as the browser. Have you been able to watch any other videos / sites via your browser through apple tv? As I mentioned above, this seems to be a problem for some who have upgraded to the new iOS 8. I have just tested viptv via my iPhone and it's working fine. I've also tested it on the iPad and it's working fine too. The only other thing I can suggest is you try another browser. It could be a safari issue. Download the Chrome app and see if that makes any difference.

It's weird that this is affecting some but not others. I've now tried Chrome too, as suggested, but still no icon on my iPad. I'll still keep replying on here and trying all the suggestions. Thanks.

Reply 12#12 barry74's post

Barry, I meant to ask you. Are you getting the icon for other sites (not youtube)? Maybe try this for me it's from our sister site, movieonline. It's a free movie so you don't have to pay. I'm just interested to see if the icon comes up for that... http://movieonline.cc/movies/20091009/1798/play.htm You'll have to sign up, but it's free to sign up and only take a few minutes. I'll see if I can find anything else on this and post here anything that looks like it might work!!

Also, did you do the newest update to iOS 8.1 or just 8.0? I'm wondering if 8.1 will fix it seeing as a lot of people had the issue.

Updated to 8.1 first and no joy. Signed up to the movie site as suggested (didn't know it existed!) but this didn't work either. Then tested on my girlfriends iPad air who is also a member of vip and she can no longer get the icon either. I hope to get this problem solved now that I know I can watch movies too!!

Reply 15#15 barry74's post

Very strange. Can you try it at another location? I just wonder if it's your router. So if you tested it at friends place or on public free wifi and the icon does come back it must be something to do with your router.

Apple TV works again

Hi, all! On your iPad screen, take your fingers and swipe up from the bottom to open some features. You will see AIRDROP and APPLETV. The apple tv was switched over to airdrop and must have happened during the recent updates. Once I switched back to APPLETV, the AirPlay choice works again! Yahoo!!!! You tube videos work again as well. Incredible! Now to watch VIPTV back to where we were used to-----on our 51" television screen! Edit: to clarify just a bit [ Last edited by Renagle at 1-7-2015 23:25 ] [ Last edited by Renagle at 1-7-2015 23:26 ]
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +5 Thanks for posting that helpful tip! 1-7-2015 15:09

Thread