Thread
Printable Version

Full Screen Video freezes in Chrome when flash player controls disappear. help!

Full Screen Video freezes in Chrome when flash player controls disappear. help!

Note: This post has been suppressed by system since the author has been banned or deleted.

Note: This post has been suppressed by system since the author has been banned or deleted.

Have you tried upgrading Flash? You might have an old plug-in for Chrome so make sure you have it up to date. [ Last edited by shinny at 9-15-2014 21:36 ]

Reply 4#4 kenclops's post

I never noticed it before as I don't normally play in full screen but like you mine freezes and my chrome is running the latest flash player so it's not an update we need it's an older version that works

Reply 4#4 kenclops's post

Have you tried using a different browser? For many, Fiirefox is a good one for viewing.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 6#6 waterlilybarb's post

I tested firefox at full screen and that works fine but strange that chrome freezes with VIP and TVFULL and works on other streaming video sites

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

It is odd, but I honestly don't know what the exact platform viptv uses. I know it's Flash based, but so are others, which don't have issues. It might be, as you mentioned earlier, that an older version of Flash is required, since it's possible the site hasn't updated recently. I generally watch on my TV through my PS3, and haven't had any problems there, but when I do the troubleshooting on any reported errors, it's on my laptop. I don't know if you (Jim) or kenclops, the original poster, has tried this, but when I use the pop-up window for viewing and switch it to full screen, there doesn't seem to be any problem in Chrome. If anyone else notices that that also works for them, please feel free to post. p.s. Sorry kenclops for not paying closer attention to your original post where you said you could watch in IE.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 9#9 kenclops's post

Nice work thanks for sharing the fix

Reply 9#9 kenclops's post

Just as a matter of interest did you update Chrome? I know plug-ins can cause issues and usually if you either upgrade flash or the browser (in this case Chrome) it should automatically pick up the new plug-in, so just wondering if you checked for a Chrome update first? Either way it's handy to have this manual work around for future reference!

Thread