Thread
Printable Version

Klondike (Discovery Channel) General Discussion

Klondike (Discovery Channel) General Discussion

Premires 20 January 2014

Klondike is an upcoming historical mini-series by the Discovery Channel, to be broadcast on January 20, 2014. It will be the network's first-ever scripted miniseries. Klondike stars Richard Madden and Augustus Prew as two adventures who travel west in the late 1890s during the Klondike Gold Rush.

The story centres on the friendship of two adventurers, Bill Haskell and Byron Epstein, as they travel west during the Klondike Gold Rush. Along the way they "must navigate harsh conditions, unpredictable weather and desperate, dangerous characters," including mill owner Belinda Mulrooney and aspiring writer Jack London

Show Site

KLONDIKE (Official Trailer) |

1x01 Part 1 of 3

Byron was lucky to survive the avalanche and only buying half the survival kit was a risky move but Bill not trusting Byron with the money was amusing as he lost it as soon as he fell in the water, Byron dying from a gun shot was tragic and stealing his boots was sickening but at leased he got them back

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

i thinking of saving it and watch all 3 part back to back during the weekend

1x02 Part 2 of 3

Bill borrowing from Belinda with only a week to pay it back was risky but double-crosses him by not delivering the wood on time was evil and The Count was diabolical to the whore, Belinda should of know better than to go up against The Count as her actions got the guy killed but selling all her property just to drain his cash-flow was surprising as he could of killed her like the last guy

1x03 Part 3 of 3

After that shooting expedition it was obvious why killed Byron and Bill wanting to seek revenge for his murder was understandable but the Count having his eyes on Bill's gold to cover his money shortfall was going to be deadly but his men turning on him was great and Belinda rescuing Bill was awesome, hiding the gold in the toilet was priceless but tragic the weight of the gold killed him

Behind The Scenes Sneak Preview and Interviews

The trouble they went too to make the set look realistic was impressive and being filmed in only 56 days was a surprise

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Well it took some time to get going but i had feeling that women was trouble but her getting half the claim i didn't see coming and she one hell of smart business women getting other people do the work without getting her hand dirty but she certainly surprised me when she pulled a gun on other land owner look like they have history

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

i doubt he would shoot a women but smart plan nonetheless . Can't believe she gave wood on credit

Bill determined to find the killer of his friend was ambitious challenge consider he did finally find gold but i am curious if we will ever find out who the killer is

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

This part really had few surprises that was smart thinking hiding gold in toilet and Belinda rescue Bill was fantastic but i really like that she didn't leave with him at the end simply said goodbye to him was a huge surprise. What stupid reason to shoot him just because he didn't stake on that land he shot him. I still have no clue what bill did with his gold?.

Thread