Thread
Printable Version

Bonnie & Clyde (History Channel) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Bonnie & Clyde (History Channel) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Bonnie & Clyde Premiered on History Channel on December 08, 2013

Bonnie & Clyde, a star-studded miniseries for HISTORY, LIFETIME and A&E, stars Emile Hirsch (Into the Wild) and Holliday Grainger (The Borgias) in the title roles of Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker, the Depression-era outlaw couple whose criminal exploits earned them lasting fame for the past eight decades. Its stellar cast includes Academy Award, Golden Globe and Emmy winner Holly Hunter (The Piano), as well as Academy Award winner and multiple Golden Globe and Emmy nominee William Hurt (Too Big to Fail). The miniseries reunites Hunter and Hurt, who starred in and earned Oscar nominations for 1987’s Broadcast News. Hunter will play Emma Parker, Bonnie’s mother, and Hurt will play Frank Hamer, the Texas Ranger pursuing the Barrow gang. Other key cast members include Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) as Blanche Barrow, Clyde’s sister-in-law; Lane Garrison (Prison Break) as Clyde’s brother, Buck; Elizabeth Reaser (The Twilight Saga) as P.J. Lane, a writer tracking the gang; Austin Hébert (True Blood) as Ted Hinton, a lawman also on the hunt for duo; and Dale Dickey (Winter’s Bone) as Cummie Barrow, Clyde’s mother.

Produced by Sony Pictures Television and executive producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Steel Magnolias, The Bucket List, Oscar winner Chicago), Bonnie & Clyde follows Barrow, Parker and the rest of the notorious Barrow Gang as they sweep through the Central United States committing small-time robberies and daring bank heists, leaving a slew of murdered police officers and civilians in their wake. Bonnie & Clyde was written by John Rice and Joe Batteer (Windtalkers, Blown Away) and is directed by two-time Oscar nominee Bruce Beresford (Tender Mercies, Breaker Morant). Beresford is best known for directing Driving Miss Daisy.

Bonnie & Clyde recounts the fascinating tale of the couple whose crime spree enraptured the American public. Rumored to have a sixth sense which allowed him to see events before they happened, Barrow was always able to stay one step ahead of the law as he and Parker escaped capture time and time again. His one blind spot was Parker, who was intent on becoming famous. She fed on the alluring media attention and pushed Barrow to commit riskier, more dangerous crimes to generate bigger headlines and make them the most famous criminals of the modern era.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Bonnie & Clyde Here

This is a two-part mini-series not a proper history series the vikings right ?

Reply 3#3 bala's post

The first line of post #1 does say miniseries so you are right

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Yeah i just wasn't sure if they were planning use this a test to see whether they could make a series out of it . i have feeling this mini-series will be rushed.

This is what i like December period they come up with various stuff to keep you busy during Christmas period. There already 13 new christmas tv movies most of them look awful . Last year there actually made some good Christmas movie that are watchable but this year some move plot look and sound very ridiculous  .

Reply 5#5 bala's post

I watched the Hallmark movie Let it Snow which was OK

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

i am saving movies when i run out of tv shows next week

Part 1

We all heard about Bonnie & Clyde but we never really knew what actually happens and i don't know how much of this is actually factual and what part are exaggeration to this mini-series. What worse is most of this is  from interpretation from media during 1930's given how they died . Why did they show ending at start with them dead was bad story-telling.

I really enjoy first part and there so much to discuss what really surprising was the fact it was Bonnie who was responsible for Bonnie & Clyde name she wanted to be famous and boy did she become infamous but that court story she told the jury was rather ridiculous and unbelievable but she managed to talk herself out of jail was impressive.

Now the accidental murder was sad and certainly made them think but what a place to leave part 1.

Knowing if Clyde had died when he was child none of this would happened but that vision of bonnie when he was sick made him get better was really surprising,  the fact they portrayed him with a 6th sense of when things were going to go wrong certainly came in handy it's just a shame Bonnie made it worse because of her unpredictability in bank robberies however having the guts to break into a reporter house so that she can introduce herself was amusing.

Part 2

Who would of thought it was Clyde idea to surrender unfortunately they couldn't leading shoot first ask question later but what a awful way to die   . Things really went from bad to worst after killing of that innocent man but dragging his family into it and brother wife was sad due how he got killed .

1x01 Part 1 of 2

Showing their deaths at the start would normally spoil the show but as it's common knowledge they were gun down it made no difference but towing the car with the bodies still inside was a surprise, hiding the safe in the water before getting arrested was quick thinking but getting arrested on his first date with Bonnie for the safe robbery was bad timing and her helping him escape was impressive, what karma for dumping Bonnie at the side of the road but them stopping to pick her up was priceless

1x02 Part 2 of 2

Having one too many convicts must of been a first and after Clyde's vivid visions I'm not surprised he wanted to retire before it was too late but Bonnie being the driving force behind them was interesting and Bonnie killing the father on Christmas day was just evil, escaping that shoot out was lucky but Clyde holding Bonnie's hand knowing they would probably die was sweet

Thread