32 12
Thread
Printable Version

Slow Buffering Issue Update - 7th Aug 2013

Reply 20#20 candudette's post

I've done all the recent Windows 7 updates and not had any issues with them. I'm sorry I can't think of what else to suggest. Hopefully, another member, or another moderator will have something useful to suggest.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Slow loading

For 4 days now, shows have been loading VERY VERY slowly most hours of the day both on my laptop and iPad. Problem hours seem to get longer with each passing day. All other streaming of videos (Netflix / PBS) is fine. Have closed applications, restarted devices, restarted wireless router, to no avail. Any problems on your end or reports from other users? Have been a satisfied customer for 7 years now, hope you have an answer.

Reply 22#22 tniat's post

18:40 forum time I started a 42 minute episode and it has just finished loading the red bar to the end, so no problems in the UK and I have only 6.5 MB speed plus at the same time I have been streaming live Sky TV on my tablet

Reply 22#22 tniat's post

Have you tried both servers ( US and EU) - i notice some day one server is slower than the other .

Reply 24#24 bala's post

The only time I use the US server is when steaming is not found on the other

Reply 22#22 tniat's post

I've been watching shows the past few days too, and nothing has loaded slowly. I suggest trying the other server, if you haven't already. I generally find the EU server works best for me - I'm in Canada - but if it's slow, I switch to the US server. I don't bother with the HD server because I DO find it to be slow for me. On your iPad, you would be accessing the mobile site, which has it's own server, and I've not had issues with it either - I've tested it this week on my iPod Touch. I can only suggest checking some suggestions in the Flash Player Trouble Shooting / Helpful Tips Thread, though I don't think there is anything there applicable to the mobile site.

I've not had any real issues either. Viptv (EU, US and HD) are all loading fast for me. However, I have noticed that if I'm watching something on the mobile site and I pause it, for whatever reason, when I start to play it again it stops streaming and I have to refresh and start from that point again. I'm not sure why it's happening, as it's never happened before.

Buffering VERY slowly

It's pretty much impossible to watch anything on the mobile site during the day. It took almost two hours to get through one 45min episode because it keeps stopping every few seconds and buffer. It seems that the server is overloaded because the issue is much less noticeable very early in the morning. My internet speediest is consistently 12-13mbs, yet it takes twice as long to buffer when trying to any show between the hours of 6-9pm pacific time. Can you check on what's wrong with the servers? I don't have this buffering issue streaming from netflix or amazon during the same hours

Reply 28#28 petukhovat's post

The mobile site has it's own server. If it were a widespread issue, we would have a lot of people posting about it in the forum. Yours is the first complaint we've had in a few months about speed, so I doubt it's a site issue. What device are you streaming on that you are using the mobile site? If you are watching from your TV or computer, you can use the regular site, which might be better. I use the site at similar times - 9-12pm Eastern Time, and rarely have an issue with buffering.

Reply 29#29 waterlilybarb's post

the regular site is better, but I want to use my iPad so i can stream it through apple tv to the tv screen. The problem is with the mobile site; not using the mobile site is not a solution. It's not my iPad or the internet speed, and just because I'm the first one to post a complaint doesn't mean it's not happening. My question is whether or not it's possible to check how busy the servers are to see if it's being overloaded and remedy the situation...

Reply 30#30 petukhovat's post

It is not possible for me or any other moderator to check how busy the servers are, as we don't have access to any of the technical side. We can ask Admin about it, but I can't guarantee a speedy reply.

Reply 30#30 petukhovat's post

There is a solution to getting your iPad to play flash content, which means you can use the regular site. You'll need to download an app that has Flash ability, something like Puffin or Photon (Photon seems the most popular for iPad) - They are not free, however. They cost about €3-€4 on the iPhone, not sure how much on the iPad. I use Puffin on my iPhone and it works well for me.

32 12
Thread