Thread
Printable Version

Problems with streaming on Mobile site

Problems with streaming on Mobile site

I've noticed for the past few nights during peak times in the UK 6pm-12pm the mobile site is terribly slow and impossible to watch due to the long buffering times. I've been watching programs all day no problems at all on apple tv streamed from my iphone 5 and at 6pm it became ridiculously slow. I've also tested this on my ipad and have exactly the same problem.I've tested my speed and there's no problems i've got 8gb download speed and using my laptop i can watch programs fine. Is this something that's being addressed?

Reply 1#1 lucy.nobo's post

I don't know that anyone else is having this issue. We have a couple mods in your timezone, so maybe one of them can check. I just tested on my iPod Touch - I'm in Canada, but since the mobile site is on one server and it's currently in the time frame you've had trouble, I thought I would check, I had no problem getting it to load right away. Someone from the UK or Ireland should also check though, because sometimes location does make a difference. I'll mention it in Site Management so one of them can check it out.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Hi lucy, I'm in Ireland and just tested it there. It's definitely not as stable as it normally is for me. I left it load, but then it still stopped after a few minutes. I'll drop a PM to our administrator and let him know.

Hello, Our mobile site is geting more and more traffic compared with desktop site. We will continue to monitor the traffic and will increase the bandwidth if this situation continue. Now I suggest members try to avoid traffic peak time.
We keep improving services for you.

Thread