29 12
Thread
Printable Version

Standoff Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episode 6

A sniper is killing again and several agencies team up to catch the sniper before he kills again. However, the sniper turns out to be a copy cat and then the real one tries to shoot them. The story in this episode was awesome. The characters of both of the snipers were well-developed and you couldn't help but feel bad for them. I liked seeing more of the Matt/Emily relationship in this episode also. I loved seeing all the agencies working together and I also loved seeing that the captain was vulnerable. She's always strong, but this time she was shaken. Overall, great story with good character development.

Episode 7

Well, this was a pretty unique. Matt and Emily had to use the radio personality to talk a man with a gun down. Interesting. Anyways, a man shot a social worker than took a nanny and child hostage. In the end, he was talked down by Emily everyone was ok. I thought it was an interesting concept, and I loved watching the captain FBI lady get pissed off at the radio guy. However, the radio personality was really annoying and I thought the crowd was annoying also. The story was good, but there was not as much characterization for the main characters. Overall, good episode with a good story, but annoying guest characters.

Episode 8

The episode starts off right away with Matt talking to a victim to attempt to control the situation and take down her captor. After she is saved, a stalker turns up and Matt and Emlyn have to help her. When they fail, she takes matter into her own hands and confronts her stalker. I thought the story was interesting, but the victim was really annoying. It was interesting seeing Matt with a different personality, but then he started getting annoying. I just thought the characters were overdone and the writing was too dramatic. Overall, good story and character development, but over the top and annoying at times.

Reply 23#23 spratt89's post

Wow you really getting through the episode really fast but can i ask you one question out of 8 episodes you watched which one is your favourite?.

The hospital one

Reply 25#25 spratt89's post

or i remember that i can't believe he use oxygen tanker as a bomb

Episode 9

This was actually a fantastic episode of Standoff, maybe one of the best so far. A group of geeks hold three bullies hostage. The dad of the leader finds his plans, and takes them to the F.B.I. Matt and Emily try to find the kids before something happens. Then, they learn what the kids have done. They run a camera through the computer so everyone can watch them hold the kids hostage. One of the geeks truns on the others, now holding six people hostage. The kid shoots a bully as he tries to leave. After Emily can't negotiate him out, Matt uses roughness. He tells the kid it's his fault his mom died. The kid is then caught. This episode was great because it dealt with what could happen when you bully people

Episode 10

After last weeks episode ( peer group ) which i liked it good to see Standoff back to its full flow. I think the main difference between this episode and others is that a hostage was killed and also Matt and Emily had to use a 3rd party to control the HTs. I have to admit though it was a good idea to have someone else as a Hostage Negotiator i didn’t really care for Angela, okay i suppose her heart was in the right place, I also liked the comedy element to the show where Matt and Emily were telling Frank and Lia there relationship problem and how Frank had told others and how it got twisted like Chinese whispers, also like the exchange at the end when Emily was comparing them to France and Portugal’s border and how she didn’t want to cross Matts border, Matt replies that he wanted to know if he would be entering Portugal tonight, made me laugh anyway.

Reply 28#28 spratt89's post

wait until you see prison episode-that's my favourite

29 12
Thread