Thread
Printable Version

Connection

Connection

Since yesterday my connection to VIPTV is like treacle.... tried all the technical fixes, a)this is the only site affected and b) everything has slowed connection wise, even in typing this page... After two years of paid membership hope someone can help?

Reply 1#1 inro's post

I have been on the site most of the day and had no problems

Reply 1#1 inro's post

I've not had any issues either, but I know some did earlier. Maybe a location issue? I know it can be wonky sometimes, and I've rarely figured out any rhyme or reason for why some people have connection issues while others don't - even those in fairly close proximity to one another. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Advice

Thanks for the response guys and apologies realise I've posted this in wrong place (again!) Will do overhaul on PC, to confirm whst is the best software to watch viptv on? Might be missing something?

Reply 4#4 inro's post

It's fine to post such inquiries here, since it is about viptv. I hope the fix is a simple one. I find Google Chrome tends to work best for most PCs. If you use Firefox, the latest update of Flash won't work if you have an older version of RealPlayer installed. I downgraded my Flash back to version 10.3 because I didn't want to update my RP. The other solution to that issue is just to update RP (if you still use it at all, otherwise you can just uninstall it). Also, I'm still using an older version of FF, so am not sure of how the newest version runs on the site. As for the forum, I use FF or Chrome, and have no issues with either. Other options are making sure to clear your cache and any other basic maintenance, but looking at your first post, I have a feeling you've already done that.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

technical experiement

Thanks Waterllily, didn' t know that about Realplayer and Flash, will try uninstalling the addins for Realplayer (currently just disabled) then if all else fails will try Chrome as you suggest

Reply 6#6 inro's post

I deleted realplayer because it don't work with the latest firefox and as the site is only updating the flash site I don't need realplayer but like Barb I prefer chrome for VIP

Well i am notice slow period with some of the shows sometimes it would take ages to buff but eventually it goes back normal after 10 minutes. I think it either traffic because weekdays are ok it's weekends during peak hours i am experience some slowness with the episodes.

Thread