Thread
Printable Version

Viptv.net redirecting to mobile

Viptv.net redirecting to mobile

I visited the mobile site once after posting "I am in" and ever since I can't get on the main site. I keep getting redirected to the mobile site. I have already cleared out all browsing data and cookies on Chromium Browser, and also tried Firefox and Konqueror. Am I the only one?

Reply 1#1 dtambascio's post

I don't have a mobile device, so have not had that problem, but will direct any of the other moderators or frequent users who have tested the mobile site to your query.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

after a couple of hours of searching and experimenting I found this link http://viptv.net/index.php?f=m So I bookmarked ^^^ but still doesn't explain why when I type in www.viptv.net it will still redirect. (using Ubuntu 11.10 by the way)

Reply 3#3 dtambascio's post

Glad you were able to get in, but I'm also curious as to why you kept getting redirected. I did post in Site Management with a link to this thread so that if anyone more tech-savvy than me (that would be most people ) was having the same issue or knew why it might be happening.

THANKS!!!! Looks like it may be a Linux issue. Got home and on my Windows Machine with Chrome Browser works fine there just going to the main site. So if you have any linux-guru's there they might be able to explain it.

I think the problem with linux is that redirects can be written into many different places. The solution you have, unless you know how to edit some of the code in Linux is probably the easiest. I'm not that familiar with Linux but my brother has an old Dell mini laptop and he's had some issues like this.

FIXED!! Just installed a User Agent Switcher extension in Chromium that allows it to report as iexplorer, opera, firefox or any other browser..
Recent Ratings
  • 01torres Points +4 Useful Info. 4-23-2012 02:03

Reply 7#7 dtambascio's post

Great! Thanks for posting this info. I'm out of points at the moment, so am going to ask another moderator to award you some for such useful information.

Thread