40 12
Thread
Printable Version

Updated-new US server in service now

european server

Episodes on the european server are taking forever to load. When will this be rectified? Shakeela

Any updates on the new servers?

I have also been experiencing either "stream not found" on the US server or very very slow connections on the EU server (3 hours of buffering for a 30 min show...). Do we know when bandwith and access will become tolerable again?

Reply 22#22 antoinestarek's post

As admin said in post #1 about a month with the amount of data to move but i found by using chrome instead of firefox i was able to get past streaming not found, it doesn't work for everyone but you have nothing to loose by trying

Tips to improve your viewing quality while we await the new US Server

1) If you get the "Stream Not Found" message refresh the page as 9/10 it will find the stream the second time. 2) During peak times we recommend that you play the show, press pause and let it load for about 1/4 to 1/2 of the way before you start watching. 3) Users have found better results with Google Chrome. Perhaps try this or switching to other Browsers. Safari works best for me. It's trial and error. These are tips only for people experiencing issues due to server capacity. If you've had previous issues and have not been able to resolve them it's more likely something to do with your flash settings, broadband capacity etc.

Thanks! I was wondering what was going on!

European server

I can confirm that the two servers are proving difficult and today none of the shows i attempted to view worked...and since i don't want to ask for endless refunds of pts..i think its better to wait until the problem is rectified.

Reply 26#26 fo_ogun1's post

Unfortunately with the US server being under maintenance and which is putting EU server at it's maximum so at the moment prebuffering is the best way to go until the work on the US server is finished

pre buffer

how does a person perform prebuffering?

Reply 28#28 fo_ogun1's post

After you hit play then pause until the red line is about 25%

pre buffer

ok....well the show never actually starts....it just shows a kind of moving circle in the middle of the screen but never actually starts.....but will try again. Thanks for your help.

Reply 30#30 fo_ogun1's post

Try different browser as well but use the free shows until you find which works better for you so you don't waste points

Reply 30#30 fo_ogun1's post

Currently, I find google chrome to get me the smoothest connection, but you may have to try several browsers to see which works best for you. If it just continues showing the circle, and does not begin loading after 30 - 60 seconds, refresh the page & try again. That generally indicates that the connection has been dropped.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Spartacus

Hello... I've not experienced any form of interruption nor iritatable issues with any streams the last couple of days... Today though, I noticed a Spartacus: Blood and Sand 2x01 was updated and as i tried to click on the 2nd episode image it redirected me to the following page: http://viptv.net/shows/20120128/102877/ - Bassicly a 404 error Not found page... Is this part of the same issues you've been having the last couple of days with bad US servers and trouple rebuffering, cause it doesnt strike me as one?

Reply 33#33 Seerr's post

No this is a different issue which happens a lot with new seasons and can take up to the next episode before it's fixed but that at the worst end, it usually only takes 24 hours

This issue with Sparticus Blood and Sand Season 2 is happening with me too. Very frustrating as I am dying to see this episode. Hopefully you guys can get this working soon.

Reply 35#35 oolia33's post

It is happening for everybody with that episode. It will get sorted.

Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

I sent a PM to lbjedward the same night I commented here on the forum...still no reply. Is there a trick I should know about??? Since then, I have been burned by the server so many times. Just today I have lost many hours to the server problem on viptv.net well..when my points run out, I might finally stop

Reply 37#37 megahag's post

Please see my reply to your post in this thread.

Hi all, please note the update for lbjedward that the new US server is now in Service.

Reply 1#1 lbjedward's post

Thanks for the latest update LBJ! I really hope this solves some of the connection issues members have been experiencing.

40 12
Thread