Thread
Printable Version

Hope for ipad?

Hope for ipad?

Hi all, Im an old member of the viptv website but rarely ever use the forum Im sure this question has been posted before but i didnt find a recent thread regarding it Is thtere any plans of making the vip tv shows html 5?? I really really want to watch it on my ipad

Reply 1#1 reemmo's post

I have no idea. Are you using the RealPlayer site still? We do have the Flash site now, viptv.net. It's is the main site now and the RP site will be phased out. I know the Flash site enables people to view on smartphones and other such devices, but I'm not familiar with the differences between Mac products and others, so don't know if there is a way for it to be compatible for you.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

I think that's something only our Admin team can answer as we do not know their long term plans. I know it's frustrating that Apple don't allow Flash on their iPad which has pee'd a lot of people off, including myself. However, you know that there are apps out there that can sort of get around that? Maybe try and do some research on that. I came across this site, but have not used any of the apps myself and therefore cannot recommend them: http://www.imore.com/2011/03/21/ ... -video-ipad-iphone/ Interestingly enough Adobe are looking to develop HTML5 down the line also. But HTML5 coding and stabalisation is still very much early days. Some of the bigger names are currently doing trials on it but I'd imagine smaller places, like VIPtv will wait, watch and learn.

Thread