Thread
Printable Version

Buffering problems

Buffering problems

I've recently started having buffering problems with all the shows I'm watching. It has to buffer constantly throughout the show. I've been using the service for 2 years now and never had this problem before. Is something going on? Do I need to do something to fix this? Thanks

Reply 1#1 alanaweibull's post

Check this out
Quote:
Originally posted by shinny at 9-1-2012 00:34 You need to check that your flash player is working correctly. Go to this page: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html If you cannot see the animation just under: 1. Check if Flash Player is ...

I followed your link and everything is working just fine on my end, but I have also been noticing a severe slowdown on my streaming speed. I assumed it was on my end with my internet or something else, but I ran a speed test and it's just this website.

Reply 3#3 caromike's post

This was posted in another thread
Quote:
Originally posted by spratt89 at 12-1-2012 12:15 I asked LBJ about the slow streaming and this was the response. I am sorry for the issue, now the traffic of our streaming server is on its peak. We are reparing another server with double traffic ca ...

Thanks for the response codebreaker. I am happy to see that the reason is identified and that something is being done to fix it. Any idea of the timeframe?

Reply 5#5 caromike's post

Sorry i have no idea on the time frame and with all the new shows being added the demand is bound to increase

Hey again. This is not the kind of post I enjoy making, but I have to say I've been pretty disappointed the last week or so with the website. I'm signed up with 30 days unlimited access, but all of the time I would have spent watching 2 or 3 shows is now being taken up by buffering for one show. In order for unlimited access to be a better deal than simply investing in $30 worth of points I have to watch 5 or 6 shows a day, and it's quite disappointing that the buffering times are making it difficult to watch even one show. I pay for unlimited access for convenience and because I want to support this site, which I have been using for years. I would guess the majority of the time periods I've had unlimited access I haven't even watched enough shows to validate the purchase. I feel a bit cheated this month since I struggle with watching even one episode at certain times of the day. That's all I have to say... I love you guys all the rest of the time though!

Reply 7#7 caromike's post

this could all be solved once the new server is up and running

Reply 8#8 spratt89's post

I agree with Adam on this. If it's just a recent thing then it's probably the server issue. I generally have little to no issues but over the last few days I noticed that some shows, in the middle of them, have to reconnect to the server. So that would be unusual for me.

I've been having similar problems but will just give the site a little time to get the servers straightened out.

i think at certain times there are issues, i can watch stuff ok durung the day up until about 3pm london time then after that it takes forever today i was watching once upon a time at 12 fell asleep like a dur brain and tried to watch it again at 1730 its taken about 4.5 hours to buffer after about 1230am it ok aswell
always repect peoples opinions

Reply 10#10 studiojek's post

That's all very nice but it's a been a problem for two weeks now with no official mention that the problem is even recognised. .

Reply 12#12 gdi3's post

I posted the reply I got from LBJ on another thread which confirmed they know about the problem and are working on fixing it and making the Flash Site better.

Reply 13#13 spratt89's post

Okay. Thank you for that. I'm heartened they at least know. It seems strange that I can watch a show on the US server that - was uploaded to the site two weeks ago (or more) - without any "stream not found" message and no buffering problem and yet showsl loaded to the site after that timeframe all come up with the "stream not found" message on the same US server.

Thread