Thread
Printable Version

How To Be a Gentleman Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

How To Be a Gentleman Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

How To Be a Gentleman Premiered on CBS on September 29, 2011

HOW TO BE A GENTLEMAN, inspired by the book of the same name, is a comedy about the unlikely friendship between a traditional, refined writer and an unrefined personal trainer. Andrew Carlson (David Hornsby) is an etiquette columnist whose devotion to ideals from a more civilized time has lead to a life detached from modern society. Infectiously optimistic, Bert Lansing (Kevin Dillon) is a reformed "bad boy" from Andrew's past who inherited a fitness center, but can still be rude, loud and sloppy. When Andrew's editor, Jerry (Dave Foley), tells him to put a modern, sexy twist on his column or be fired, he hires Bert as a life coach in the hopes of learning to be less "gentle man" and more "real man." Andrew's mom, Diane (Nancy Lenehan), and his bossy sister, Janet (Mary Lynn Rajskub), support the plan, as would Janet's husband, Mike (Rhys Darby), if he was allowed to have an opinion. Though Andrew and Bert's views may be centuries apart, they may find they're each other's missing link. David Hornsby ("It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"), Adam Chase ("Friends"), Ted Schachter ("The Invention of Lying"), Joe Hipps and Modi Wiczyk are executive producers for CBS Television Studios.
Homepage

Discuss Anything About How To Be a Gentleman Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 11-28-2011 16:19 ]

I really on the fence since i can't stand that dude Kevin Dillon

1x01 Pilot

The bitch slap in the restaurant was funny

CBS Moves Soft Gentleman, Returns Rules of Engagement to Thursdays

CBS’ How to Be a Gentleman is on the move, relocating to Saturdays at 8/7c, beginning Oct. 15, the network announced late Friday.

Taking over the Thursdays-at-8:30 time slot is Rules of Engagement, which will premiere its new season there starting Oct. 20. (A repeat of The Big Bang Theory fills the vacancy next week.)

Gentleman, starring David Hornsby and Kevin Dillon, launched to 9 million viewers — a number that was not too shabby, yet still down 30 percent from what $#*! My Dad Says did last season in the post-Big Bang slot. Gentleman then dipped to 7.8 million viewers in its second outing.

Thus far, 2 Broke Girls is the only CBS newbie to get a full-season order. The Eye’s other freshman offerings are the dramas Unforgettable, Person of Interest and A Gifted Man.

Source

Reply 5#5 spratt89's post

Well i was right again i had a feeling this might not do well

1x02 How To Have A One-Night Stand

Bert instructing Andrew on how to enjoy a one-night fling was a little creepy but the girl he went home with was obviously doing the same thing

1x03 How to Attend Your Ex-Fiance's Wedding

Andrew discovering his ex met her husband while she and him were still together was unfortunate but the fantasy fight was amusing

This has now been added to Realplayer site

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-3-2011 12:30  
The bitch slap in the restaurant was funny
Yes it was amusing shame only 3 episode made

1x04 How To Share A Relationship

I suppose Bert's so called one night stand should spends every night in his room but Andrew spending the day's with her was bizarre

1x05 How To Be Draft Andrew

You just knew Bert sending out all Andrew's unsent emails would cause trouble

1x06 How to Dip Your Pen in the Company Ink

Andrew refusing to make a move on his attractive new assistant, Amy was the professional thing to do but Bert trying to get them together was amusing considering she had the same rules

1x07 How to Get Along With Your Boss’s New Girlfriend

Andrew's boss dating his mother would make life awkward But then trying to get them to stay together so he could have the back page of the magazine was amusing

1x08 How to Upstage Thanksgiving

Andrew's cough was obviously fake but missing Thanksgiving dinner with the family to rekindle a relationship with his ex-fiancée was crazy as she was still married

1x09 How to Be Shallow

Andrew having the opportunity to ask out the underwear model was interesting but why he thought her story about the bracelet was funny was ridiculous

Thread