Thread
Printable Version

Urban Legends (Syfy) Season 1 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Urban Legends (Syfy) Season 1 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Urban Legends Premiere's on Syfy on April 18, 2011

The vicious kidney thieves gang of Rio de Janeiro. The man from London who was run over by a steamroller and lived. The bizarre case of a woman locked by mistake in an asylum for five years. Three incredible stories, and only one of them is actually true. Which is it? That’s the compelling question that lies at the heart of Urban Legends, a unique, entertaining and addictive new format that revels in the magic of storytelling and the irresistible draw of extreme trivia.

Each episode brings to life three amazing tall tales so wonderful and far-fetched, we're dying to believe in them. The stories are all presented as fact, skillfully pieced together from archival footage, dramatic reconstruction and interviews to look like convincing, genuine documentary reports. The twist is that while one of the stories is completely true, the other two are scripted and played by actors living out popular urban myths. Viewers are challenged to decide who the liars were and who was for real, offering an addictive format that tests the viewers' gullibility, smarts and sense of humor. Stargate's David Hewlett narrates!

Homepage

Discuss Anything About Urban Legends Here

Best Laid Plans

I thought this was a new show and not the start of season 3 but the first story about the California couple faced with a sickening life-or-death decision when confronted by a blazing inferno so to hide in their septic tank i thought was fake and i cant believe mini myth #3441 was true but who would of thought the crazy last story was true

Stranger Than Fiction

The Florida fisherman story about putting his wedding ring on a fish and then catching the same fish two years later still with the ring was amusing and True

Stolen Dreams

The first story about stealing the baby from the pregnant woman reminded me of Private Practice but the tragic plane crash when four brother take a light aircraft to scatter their mother ashes but when the ashes blew back at them while flying causing them to loose control and all die but being true was a real tragedy

Love And War

The three bizarre stories this week all sounded undeliverable but following life-saving transplant surgery, a South Carolina family man has a change of heart for the worse by taking his own life the same was as the donor

Close Calls

I thought the contaminated DNA swabs was true but was pleasantly surprised when the luckiest man in the world foils death time and time again and also win the lottery was true

Thread