Thread
Printable Version

The Paul Reiser Show General Discussion

The Paul Reiser Show General Discussion

NBC's "The Paul Reiser Show" is a new single-camera comedy from Emmy and Golden Globe Award-nominated actor/writer/producer Paul Reiser ("Mad About You") and writer/producer Jonathan Shapiro ("Life").

The show stars Reiser as... Paul Reiser. It's been a few years since Paul's hit TV series went off the air. Since then, he's been enjoying the quiet life at home with his lovely wife, Claire (Amy Landecker, "A Serious Man") and kids, and generally minding his own business. Lately, however, Paul has been thinking that it's time he did something new, something meaningful. But what that next thing might be, he has no idea.

In his quest to figure it out, Paul is both helped and hindered by his new "friends." Like most men his age, Paul didn't choose them. They're the husbands of his wife's friends, the dads of his kids' schoolmates. Thrown together by circumstance, Paul and his cohorts, including Jonathan (Ben Shenkman, "Angels in America"), Habib (Omid Djalili, "The Infidel"), Fernando (Duane Martin, "All of Us") and Brad (Andrew Daly, "MADtv") form an unlikely comradeship - and a horrible basketball team.

"The Paul Reiser Show" is a production of Bonanza Productions Inc., in association with Nuance Productions and Warner Bros. Television. Reiser and Shapiro co-wrote the pilot as well as each of the episodes that follow, and both serve as executive producers. Bryan Gordon ("Curb Your Enthusiasm") directed the pilot.

Source

The Father's Occupation

Those game show contestant were really funny i mean what is point hosting a game show none of contestant know answers?. The delware situation was ridiculous they offered to swap than he complain about it .

I admit this isn't the type of comedy i watch but it was not bad

Quote of the episode: Did you glue your a$$ to my car ?

[ Last edited by bala at 4-15-2011 17:35 ]

The Playdate

That whole cat situation really get out of hand but paul picking up the wrong kid and technically kidnap a child was amusing.

Reply 2#2 bala's post

The contestant's were terrible, i mean something made of wool = sheep and gluing himself to the car was amusing

Reply 3#3 bala's post

Picking up the wrong kid was amusing but why didn't the kid say something and the cat in the garden sounded vicious

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

I think kid knew paul so he knew he wasn't in trouble.

NBC Cancels 'Paul Reiser' After 2 Episodes; Will Be Replaced By 'Office' Repeats

Both episodes were low rated. Even ads for the Paul Reiser Show were annoying

Source

Thread