Thread
Printable Version

Martina Cole's The Runaway (Sky One) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Martina Cole's The Runaway (Sky One) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Martina Cole's The Runaway Premiere's on Sky One on March 31, 2011

Following the success of Martina Cole's The Take, an impressive British cast lines up for Sky 1 HD's second adaptation of the bestselling author's gritty crime novels.

In his first British television role in 15 years, Emmy nominee and Tony Award winner Alan Cumming (right, The Good Wife, X-Men) takes on the flamboyant role of transvestite Desrae. Cumming is joined by Ken Stott (Messiah), Keith Allen (Robin Hood), Jack O'Connell (Skins) and Joanna Vanderham in her debut role. Set in the twilight world of London's Soho and New York, The Runaway is a compelling drama spanning the 1960s and 1970s, following the story of a runaway girl, an outrageous transvestite and an epic love story between childhood sweethearts.

East London kids Cathy Connor (Vanderham) and Eamonn Docherty (O'Connell) dream of a brighter future. But their hopes are shattered when Cathy is sent into care and then compelled to run away and forced to survive on the streets of Soho. Befriended by colourful transvestite Desrae (Cumming), Cathy grows up in the heart of London's underworld, while Eamonn is drawn into a life of crime and ultimately flees to New York. As London's red light district sinks into the sleaze of the 70s, and the IRA, police corruption and industrial strikes dominate the nation's mood, Cathy and Eamonn are drawn back together, only to discover that their past is not far behind. Burn Gorman (Torchwood), Kierston Wareing
(The Take), Max Irons (Dorian Gray) and Mark Womack (Liverpool 1) also star in this unmissable
six-part drama.

Homepage

Discuss Anything About Martina Cole's The Runaway Here

1x01 Episode 1

Great first episode, i thought what Eamonn did in the boxing ring was bad but then killing the kid for stabbing his friend was worse until Cathy killed the guy hitting her mom which was incredible but i cant figure out why the cop wanted to set her mom up for the killing

1x02 Episode 2

Cathy standing up for herself when she was sent to a correctional facility was great and escaping after sally killed herself when she was raped by the warden was the only thing she could do before the warden had her institutionalized

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 4-14-2011 19:56 ]

1x03 Episode 3

Desrae taking Cathy under his wing was nice and i thought Cathy was in trouble when the cop recognised her at the club, things go bad to worse for Eamonn after Cathy because of the bosses daughter and the he killed her was crazy

1x04 Episode 4

Eamonn shooting Dixon i could see coming but getting Tommy to kill his fathers killer was a surprise and Desrae not being allowed to the funeral was sad but Desrae not giving Cathy the letter after what Eamonn did was predictable but Cathy pretending the baby is Tommy was wrong

1x05 Episode 5

Cathy palming her daughter of with Desrae while she snorts coke was bad but what Tommy did by leaving his daughter as collateral for a drug deal was diabolical and to top it all off he looses everything, I'm glad Cathy decided to tell Eamonn he was the father

1x06 Episode 6

I'm glad Cathy realised that Eamonn was in trouble when he failed to turn up but the odds were stacked against them making it together especially when the information he supplied upset the IRA but that explosion was tragic

Thread