Thread
Printable Version

Underbelly Files (Nine Australia) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Underbelly Files (Nine Australia) General Discussion (Spoilers)

In early 2010 the Nine Network announced that three separate stand-alone crime telemovies will continue the Underbelly franchise.

1. Tell Them Lucifer Was Here

Tell Them Lucifer Was Here depicts the tragic murders of Victorian police officers, Gary Silk and Rod Miller which occurred in 1998 and shows the enormous efforts of the Lorimer Task Force in leading the manhunt for their killer or killers.

2. Infiltration

Infiltration is an adaptation for screen from an autobiographical novel written by ex cop Colin McLaren. He and his police partner lived undercover in Griffith, New South Wales for a number of years, in order to 'Infiltrate' the very closed and deadly Mafia community there.

3. The Man Who Got Away

The Man Who Got Away will tell the story of David McMillan who was a British born Australian drug smuggler and the only person in history to escape from Klong Prem prison in Bangkok.
Nine(Australia)

1x01 Tell Them Lucifer Was Here

It's hard to believe they had to risk the one cops family and more officers while they compiled enough evidence to convict the killers who just happened to be the same people they suspected from the start but the hitchhiker was one lucky lady

1x02 Infiltration

Another great case with a few close calls like the overheated phone as a bug and Colin girlfriend while he was undercover but after confronting eighteen months of his life and placed him in the position of having to betray a man whom he had come to regard as a friend

1x03 The Man Who Got Away

Great line (Bonnie and Clyde were going to hell in a hand cart) but it was hard to say who was leading who astray between Clelia and David and the hospital shooting was the craziest attempted escape ever, the fire in the women's prison had sad consequences and David going back to his old tricks after everything that happened was a big mistake but breaking out of the Bangkok prison was impressive

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Yes i was surprised at that but them taking 2 years to get enough evidence was a bit too much even when one of them came in voluntary to get question they didn't present any evidence, they let him go, if they had played those recording they could of easily got a confession out of him. . I understand they concrete evidence but i surprised they didn't set a string earlier to catch them.

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Yes that one hell of an undercover situation but i was surprised they didn't fall in love after being undercover almost 14 months i am surprised they still remained friends i was expecting hook up after the trial but he just wanted to be friends guess too many American tv shows .

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I have to admit the first 20 minutes were kind of boring but than it really picked up, the hospital escape didn't go to plan but he learnt from his mistake the second escape was also quite bold walking into a string operation and escape but  the escape a Thai jail was his most impressive escape and that cat also got him caught and you would thought the guard would recognise the cat was  belong to one prisoners but no but umbrella was ridiculous.

Underbelly: Razor

Underbelly: Razor is a 13-part Australian television mini-series detailing real events that occurred in Sydney during the 1920's and 1930's. The series depicts the razor gangs who controlled the city's underworld during the era and the bloody battle between the two vice queen powers Tilly Devine and Kate Leigh. The series is currently in until August and the first episode is set to air on 31 July 2011.

Reply 8#8 bala's post

What about the other three seasons

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

I have only watch first season -i still have season 2 and 3 to watch i guessing Razor is 4th season but i thought they ended it with season 3 than did a special files?

Reply 10#10 bala's post

Season 1: Underbelly
Season 2: Underbelly - A Tale of Two Cities
Season 3: Underbelly - The Golden Mile
Season 4: Underbelly - Razor

http://www.australiantelevision.net/underbelly/series1/01.html

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-22-2011 16:28 ]

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Thanks i thought it cancelled after 3rd season guess i was wrong

Thread