Thread
Printable Version

Kidnap and Ransom (ITV) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Kidnap and Ransom (ITV) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Trevor Eve plays corporate hostage negotiator Dominic King in the thumping snatch-and-rescue three-parter Kidnap and Ransom (Thursday, 9pm, ITV1). The recent death of a client means he can’t afford--emotionally or financially--to have another mission fail. So when female biologist Naomi Shaffer (Emma Fielding) is dragged from a taxi in South Africa, King is ready to do what it takes to get her back.

In real life, this would mean following the rules and getting your head down. But that would be dull, so our fictional negotiator decides to mix it up, just a little. When he talks to the kidnappers your heart will want to bust out of your chest. Their little phone chats are the conversational equivalent of King poking a hungry carnivore in the ribs. “Please,” you’ll think. “Play nice and put your ego away, Mr. King. There’s a good boy.” But if he did that you’d soon switch off.

Just to make sure King doesn’t get too comfortable, there’s also trouble at his castle. His wife Sophie (Natasha Little) wants him to quit so she can slip out of her role as supportive, nervous wife and have a career of her own. Meanwhile, his teenage daughter has taken to wearing a crucifix and lecturing him on faith. Troubling times for a controlling alpha male.

ITV Site

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 1-13-2011 19:33 ]

Part 1/3 Of Kidnap & Ransom

I thought this was an excellent first of 3 part story, I did think it was a little slow to start with but once it picked up the pace it got exciting, Sophie was in the wrong by asking Dominic to basically quit his job which would allow her to have her own career, I loved the scene when Dominic spoke with the lead kidnapper the second time and then hung up on him after disrespecting him quite badly, It might only be me but I don't really like Dominic's boss whose name I cant remember, the ending to this episode was completely unexpected.

Trevor Eve was outstanding in his role as Dominic King in my opinion.

Reply 2#2 spratt89's post

Yes i thought it was good but why the hell didn't he have back up at end because now new kidnappers have her. You would think he would have someone watching his back.

Reply 2#2 spratt89's post

It's hard to believe after the first mishap he didn't have backup at the exchange but the end was a surprise, i first thought it was the police

Part 2/3 Of Kidnap & Ransom

This entire episode seemed very slow paced to me, I found that Inspector Clive Lanning a bit gun-ho with how he did things but he was right about what he said to Dominic on the phone while at the taxi drivers funeral, I found it funny how Dominic used the toilet to make it sound like he could not hear what Willard was saying to him, I was suspicious when Willard let Naomi Shaffer go for just $500,000 and by the end of this episode it started to make a little sense, I look forward to finding out just what type of deal Naomi made with Willard.

I was actually impressed with John Hannah's acting performance as the bad guy Willard.

Reply 5#5 spratt89's post

Yeah i was like there must something else going on and guess what they was but kidnap the daughter was evil. it's going to be an interesting final part

Reply 5#5 spratt89's post

Strange how easy he negotiated the drop from two million down to half a million and then he disobeyed orders not to approach her but so far so good and looking forward to the final part

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

That why he left the tap on her phone after she was rescued knowing there something more

Part 3/3 Of Kidnap & Ransom

This was yet again a little slow paced for my taste, I was OK with it being slow paced after Part 1 but it has got even slower over the last 2 parts, the best part of this whole 3 part series was when Dominic shot a couple of Willard's fingers off.

I did like the side story about Dominic's daughter running off to some Church Group or something.

Reply 9#9 spratt89's post

i am a little bit disappointed that it's only 3 episodes but i agree i love Dominic shot a couple of Willard's fingers off . I really fact he decided to bring back up this time unlike last time going on his own.

Reply 9#9 spratt89's post

I liked the way Dominic tricked Jane to contact the kidnappers but his fingers for the girls finger was great

We're thrilled to announce that Trevor Eve will return as international hostage negotiator Dominic King in the second series of the gripping drama Kidnap and Ransom

Source

thats great news

Reply 13#13 spratt89's post

This returns on Thu 23 Feb, 9pm

Season 2 ep1

Well it was almost successful exchange but that boy report it to the cops made this more complicated situation.

Season 2 ep2

Well who would thought hostage in the previous episode was actually 3rd person of the team. Shame she had to died

Reply 15#15 bala's post

The kid seeing the gun was unfortunate and what would of been a successful exchange was made a lot worse but the trigger happy cops firing the first shot when the guy jumped out the window was tragic but the kidnapper didn't help by firing back and the girl on the bus trying to hid her identity was an interesting side story

Reply 16#16 bala's post

The previous hostage ratting out the girl was a surprise and killing Carrie because he slipped up was tragic

2x03 Episode 3

I'm glad he got Flo and Shaun but it's a shame they didn't put a bomb in Anwar's car when they got Shaun out and Leela's boyfriend was a psychopath and she was lucky only to get shot in the shoulder and now we know who went into the water

Thread