Thread
Printable Version

Yahoo Connected TV

Yahoo Connected TV

Is there a plan to add a widget like Hulu and Netflix have? It would be slick to have VIP TV direct on my HDTV.

Reply 1#1 LordVoldemoo's post

I don't know whether it's possible because unlike those service which based on location ( eg hulu is only available in US not other countries)this is an international sites.

Reply 2#2 bala's post

thats a good guess bala
The Mod Police Are Watching You

Reply 3#3 magic4u's post

Merry Christmas Gary

i work for an iptv company and let alone being rights issues globaly (dunno how this site is allowed to operate lol) its also got to do with hardware.. There is a standard that most tv companies are going by which is called bbtv simply its all about wmv and mp4.. wmv simply because their drm is the best for protected media. Since vip.tv use real media they would have to re encode their library and its not an easy task I develop for samsung and fujitsu and its all getting complicated. I have also been in on some meetings with the BBC and even some of their programs they aren't allowed to display online all to do with production companies rights [ Last edited by papanew at 12-30-2010 19:45 ]

Reply 5#5 papanew's post

Thank you for sharing your experience

Quote:
Originally posted by LordVoldemoo at 12-23-2010 02:40 Is there a plan to add a widget like Hulu and Netflix have? It would be slick to have VIP TV direct on my HDTV.
It isn't that hard to build a media machine with a box that has hdmi, many tv's having either VGA, Display Port or even DVI connectors. With this box, you can watch VIP on your tv
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 7#7 sanggye's post

But you would need an internet connection with that along ADSL port.

Reply 8#8 bala's post

Well yes, but a wifi card you or a router into the box is not hard. I watch all my TV and movies through my computer, and until it broke though moving, on of the screens was a 32 TV. And a lot of tv's being made have network ports (with the idea of Google-tv)I see more being made. With a tuner card, decent software (I use both Myth-TV and Beyond-TV(snapstream)) [ Last edited by sanggye at 12-31-2010 07:39 ]
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Thread