Thread
Printable Version

HELP

HELP

I have no idea what is going on lately.......only picture no sound, frozen sound and picture, actually since 3 days I get kicked ourt of ANY show, no matter with required points of free after 2 minutes AND I get charged with points! Does not seem correct to me at all. I got over 600 points and I am not able to watch shows!!!!! The service you are providing is a SHAME!!!! I am really disappointed!!!!

Reply 1#1 salue's post

I'm sorry you are having so many difficulties, but I've been watching shows the past few days with no problems.  Has your computer done any automatic updates lately?  I find sometimes I need to change my settings when my computer does updates.  Please see our VIP Help!!~ Real Player & Other Problems?? (Easy Tips & Fixes) thread, and try the suggestions, if you haven't already.

If you find none are helping, please repost and supply us with which operating system you are using, whether you are on a PC or Mac, which browser & which version on RealPlayer you are using.  If you could also be specific about which shows, and the episodes you are trying to watch it will allow us to check if there is any error in those particular uploads that need to be repaired.

Also, for reimbursement of any lost points, please send a PM to lbjedward explaining what has happened.  You may want to include a copy of your affected viewing history.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

writemako is having troubles too. hopefully she only needs to clean out her cache. let's see.
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

Actually, for the first time ever with this site, I am also having issues. The sound is looping out of sync with the picture and the picture will get so far into the episode and just stop loading at either 49% or 99%. I am writing this whilst sat waiting for The Vampire Diaries to continue loading

I have tried all suggestions on other threads; changing realplayer settings, playing in pop out player, clearing cache, clean reinstalled both Firefox and Realplayer etc.

The problems also seemed to begin when I upgraded to the latest version of Firefox/Realplayer and from research it also appears there are some compatibility issues with RP and the latest version of Flash. I have also tried reinstalling previous versions of the software only to be barraged with "You must update or else" statements. Although I don't believe the issues are directly related to this site, the point of contention is that we are limited to using certin saoftware to be able to view it. (I have tried using the alternatives and couldn't get them to work).

If anyone has any new suggestions I would be very grateful to hear them..
Fyeri x

I actually started getting these problems when I tried to watch Vampire Diaries season 2 second episode. I think I updated the Real player to Real player SP but didn't encounter any problem until I tried to watch Vampire Diaries.

So, today I installed an older version of Real Player and even installed Firefox but neither helped the situation.

All I encountered were real player error message.

So then I copied the link of the movie file displayed in the real player error message and put that as approved link in my security software.

Editing to add:
And then after adding the movie link address to my security software, I opened the browser of real player and opened the file by pasting the link inside the real player browser and played the episode of vampire diaries.

It was a pain in the butt but atleast I got the movies to play.

In the two plus years i've watched the shows on here this is I think the first time I've ever encountered a problem.  

I hope this solution helps someone.

[ Last edited by writemako at 9-18-2010 11:34 ]
Recent Ratings
  • trulee Points +5 For your helpful suggeston 9-18-2010 04:39

I have been having the same problems at writemako.  However, the suggestion to cut the link and paste it directly into Real Player just worked for me and the show loaded fine.  Thanks for the suggestion.

This is also my first problem in over two years.

Reply 6#6 slcranke's post

Delighted to hear that suggestion worked for you!
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Thread