Thread
Printable Version

Buffering issues

Buffering issues

Hi, I am a long time member and this problem has occurred many times in the past, but more lately. I am streaming video and it suddenly gets stuck at 49% and then never seems to get moving again. I am running Firefox, the latest version, and Realplayer. The system is a Win 7 machine with 6 gigs of ram and a terrabite of HDD. I have graphics acceleration, etc. My ISP is Comcast and it is a cable modem with 20MBPS download speeds. This has happened many times in the past two weeks. Why is the buffering completely stopping. Also, if I restart, why can't I move it forward to the point I left off at? Hulu has this capability and I never lose signal with Hulu. Of course, their content is less appealing. What can I do to fix this issue? Thanks, Scott

Reply 1#1 plethora68's post

I have been watching with little to no difficulty. Have you read our threads on how to improve your viewing experience? Please see VIP Help!!~ Real Player & Other Problems?? (Easy Tips & Fixes). Another suggestion, provided by a member, is, that, even though you have a high speed link, set your RP to a lower setting of Kpbs. For some reason this does make a difference. Also, if you have had any recent automatic updates it may require you to recheck your settings. On the last point, you CAN move forward to where you left off. Right-click on the time bar, and a box will pop up allowing you to input the exact time yo want to set the video to restart. I hope that helps, but please let us know if you need more assistance. For future reference, this is the Help Center for our Game Board. Please post any issues regrding VIPTV to our VIP Members Help Center.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Thread