Thread
Printable Version

Video skipping...

Video skipping...

Hey everyone,

Every time I try to watch an episode, no matter which one, my video skips and is slightly distorted throughout the show.

What should I do?

Alex

AIM: Alex23HSL

Reply 1#1 Alex23HSL's post

Hi, are you watching in Realplayer mode? (by clicking on the R at the bottom right) if not, try doing this as it will more than likely resolve the issue.

Let us know how you get on.

Shinny

Of course!  I'm watching in RealPlayer Theator Mode.  I've already run through both of the RealPlayer threads on this forum and none of the solutions solved this issue.  It's like the movie is somehow distorted, the video seems to skip or have lines of some type in it through the entire show.  The audio is fine.  But I've had at least 10 shows in a row with this now.

Edit: Would you look at that!  I created this thread on the two year anniversary of my registration with this forum.

Alex

[ Last edited by Alex23HSL at 11-24-2009 16:59 ]
Recent Ratings

Reply 3#3 Alex23HSL's post

Have you done a clean uninstall & reinstall of RP?  I know you said you've tried all the tips, but I know that's usually my last resort and I've only done it when all else fails.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Quote:
Originally posted by waterlilybarb at 11-24-2009 17:04  
Have you done a clean uninstall & reinstall of RP?  I know you said you've tried all the tips, but I know that's usually my last resort and I've only done it when all else fails.
Well, this is actually the one thing I didn't try, and let me explain why...

As you probably know, I'm a long time user of VIPTV.NET.  I just moved in with my father, and installed RP 10.5 fresh.  Ever since I installed it, this has been my issue.  So, in my eyes, I was coming right off of a fresh install.

Does that make sense?  Do you still think I should try reinstalling?

Alex

Reply 5#5 Alex23HSL's post

In that case may i recommend install updated version

REALPLAYER VERSION 11

ps: i also get skips but there ain't too bad it's only few seconds and it rarely happens

Reply 5#5 Alex23HSL's post

Hey, so I'm guessing it's a different computer if you did a fresh install? If so, do what Bala says and try V11. I can't use version 11 as I get a lot of problems with it, but V10.5 is fine. It sometimes depends on what operating system version you have etc. So it's a case of trial and error for what suits your computer.

Happy Anniversary by the way

Thread