Thread
Printable Version

Is there any way around an episode that stops loading?

Is there any way around an episode that stops loading?

I've tried pausing while half the episode loads and then pressing play. Sometimes i get to see the whole episode; other times not. Today Merlin stuck at 6:47 and just would load no longer. I clicked here, I clicked there, I clicked everywhere, to no success. ('ve done this many, many times for many episodes, a few times something magical happens and the episode continues loading. Since I don't believe in magic, I wonder if I've accidentally done something to restart the loading. Anybody have any advice? It is sort of a hassle to have to try to reclaim lost points. MUCH appreciated.

Couple of questions. Are you talking about shows on VIPtv or Tv-video.net? I'm assuming it's VIPtv so when you open the first box, is this when the loading gets stuck? If so, try opening it in Realplayer. You'll see an R at the bottom right hand corner of that first box you open. Click on that and click "Play in Realplayer" - once it opens in realplayer it tends to be more stable, but to ensure you get no problems let it load up until the blue bar (or green if you are using v10.5) loads to the very end.

Loading stuck

Yes, VIP.TV Yes, for some reason I HAVE to use Realplayer; that's my only box/choice to click on if I want to load an episode. But sometimes, more times than I'd like, like today, when i let it run to load, it gets stuck like i said, before I even have a chance to watch it. Thanks for replying.

Reply 3#3 donnamps's post

Just in case you haven't done so, please check out this helpful thread. For any major Real Player issues, see here. Hope you find a solution in one of those that works for you consistently.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

loading and Realplayer

Thanks for replying. When I click on the episode (UK or US; I try both if there's a problem)the next box that pops up is Realplayer. And I have to choose that to proceed. There is NO choice of Theater Mode. Just Realplayer. I think there are a number of bugs and sensitivities to this system; but I really hate losing points because it takes so long to try to retrieve them. And I don't always, because time is valuable and dealing with frustrating stuff tends to drain my spirit. donnamps

Reply 5#5 donnamps's post

That first player that "pops up" is a web version of real player. You are correct that it is realplayer but that is only half true. What we would like you to do is to click on the real player logo in the lower right hand corner of that pop up player. (use the Left Mouse Button) A menu will appear...at this point you can choose to play in Real Player Mode or Theater Mode. This is your best option for being able to pause to allow it to buffer, and to be able to hit stop, and play and have it actually re-connect to the server. Feel free to send me a PM if you are still having problems.
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

i must admit that i too am having the same problem, even when i watch the show in realplayer theatre, and it's been happening for quite a few weeks now :S

Thread