Thread
Printable Version

Dallas Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Dallas Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Dallas (2012) Premiered on TNT on June 13, 2012

The one and only Dallas is back with more delicious drama. JR, Bobby and Sue Ellen Ewing return to the ranch with secrets, schemes and betrayals. This time, they're joined by the next generation of Ewings, who take ambition and deception to a wicked new level. The battle for power, love and Southfork erupts in the new Dallas on TNT next summer.

The new Dallas stars Josh Henderson, Jesse Metcalfe, Jordana Brewster, Julie Gonzalo and Brenda Strong, and they will be joined by iconic stars Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray and Larry Hagman as J.R. Ewing.

The explosive rivalry between brothers J.R. Ewing and Bobby Ewing (Duffy) now lives on through another generation, with the future of the family fortune in the hands of the Ewing offspring: cousins John Ross Ewing (Henderson), the son of J.R. and ex-wife Sue Ellen (Gray), and Christopher Ewing (Metcalfe), the adopted son of Bobby.

Homepage

Discuss Anything About Dallas (2012) Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-27-2013 06:50 ]

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

I was just about create this topic than i thought i better do a search

DALLAS TNT RELEASES NEW PROMO

Dallas 2012 - TNT Introduce Teaser - First Look Behind Scenes

TNT - Dallas - The Story Behind Dallas

Pilot (AKA Changing of the Guard)

Well i was too young when Dallas was on air so i decided to see what the new version is like. Post 6 above was  A very useful video explain background of the old Dallas which meant you could follow what happen in the first episode without actually watch old version.

Well i have to say this was off to a good start with all the twist and turn and it does look like rivalry is still there but finding out who was in red sport car was a surprise but seriously end it in the Dallas cowboys football ground just was a bit over the top for me.

Off to watch next episode thought i do a quick comment before i forgot what happened in this episode.

[ Last edited by bala at 6-14-2012 10:47 ]

Hedging Your Bets

Wow what another great episode JR is one smart man and finding out his son tried to con him should be intresting. So i had feeling that girl marrying Christopher has a secret but he's has no idea. I have feeling it's going come out by the end. Who sent that e-mail?

Reply 8#8 bala's post

Okay so I didn't get the recap version up above so when I watched the first hour I was "REALLY" confused".  It felt like I was coming in the middle of a season and all they were doing was fighting and starting at each other.  I thought those two cousins were suddenly going to say, mine is.... hahaha  nevermind!  

I was unimpressed.    Kinda dumb.  Oh well....another episode so we'll see.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 10#10 arksongbird80's post

I know how you feel i felt the samething but look at the other perspective the kids who are now adult don't know the history so we are in the same boat as the two cousins. You need to think of it like new chapter in the book where you skiped all boring parts and getting to good parts. I like it because you have to figure what's going on which makes you have to concentrate on what your watching which keeps you interested in the show.

What didn't you understand about the show i will explain it to you.

Reply 11#11 bala's post

I haven't watched this yet but I remember the stink the first time around after Bobby came back in the shower a year after he died and basically made the whole season a dream

The price you pay

Another trilling episode JR moving back to the house was rather amusing but finding out who sent the e-mail was interesting . I can't tell whether it's a con or is she falling for him ?

Renewed For A 2nd Season

Reply 16#16 spratt89's post

Well that's good news i really been enjoying it

1x01 Pilot (AKA Changing of the Guard)

Starting the show with them striking oil was to be expected but Bobby dying of cancer is a little bizarre as he died the first time around and it's nice to see the few original cast are being played be the original actors, JR junior fighting  Bobby over the oil business is like old times

1x02 Hedging Your Bets

I think Elena kissing John Ross at the car has blown their double-cross but he is a chip of the old block

1x03 The Price You Pay

I was wondering if a Barnes would appear so seeing Cliff was a pleasant surprise as another original cast member and with everyone out to screw the Ewing it will be interesting who gets them first, Chris telling Rebecca about Elena was a surprise but the right thing to do

Thread