33 12
Thread
Printable Version

A To Z Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

A To Z Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

A To Z Premieres on NBC on  October 02, 2014

This is the A-to-Z story of Andrew (Ben Feldman, "Mad Men") and Zelda (Cristin Milioti, "How I Met Your Mother") - a pair that almost wasn't - and all that happened from the day they met.

Andrew has always been a secret romantic... not above crooning to Celine Dion while driving to work, with dreams of finding "the one." He imagines her to be just like that shimmering beauty he spotted that night in that silver dress at that concert two years ago.

Zelda, having grown up with a hippie mom who believed the universe would provide for everything, rebelled into a no-nonsense practical lawyer who prefers the control of online dating.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About A To Z Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-17-2014 07:43 ]

Pilot

I knew my instinct on this was right this was horrible everything about this was bad from annoying narrating right away through forced connection between the actors.

1x01 A is for Acquaintances

I never thought of an on-line dating site as a business so finding the perfect match is bad for business as they need the monthly subscription and the fact he remembered what she was wearing the first time he seen her was impressive but the hover-board was amusing

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

This is how bad economy has become that dating website need to do this to make money

Reply 5#5 bala's post

That is false advertising to say find your perfect match when they have no intention of doing that but finding Zelda a girlfriend was funny

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

True but only the employees know this not the public .

This has now been added to the flash site

B is for Big Glory

After such a fantastic first night Andrew forget he made plans with another women but telling Zelda seem to be a mistake because it created all sort of issues

1x02 B is for Big Glory

Andrew telling Zelda about his date with Brook was surprising but Zelda lying about also having a date was amusing

1x03 C is for Curiouser & Curiouser

Andrew and Zelda doing some on-line snooping was a bad idea as they were bound to discover secrets about the other that they wish they hadn't known but Andrew getting arrested while following Zelda was amusing

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Yes i missed good old days when you had to actually ask each other about their life now we can find out everything about someone by doing a simple search on them.

1x04 D is for Debbie

You can understand why Zelda thought it was too soon in their relationship to ask Andrew to go with her to Debbie's funeral but turning up anyway only made things awkward at first as her family were a little quirky which was amusing

Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

She should told him not to come or even better not to mention it to him

Cancelled

CancelledFollowing another set of underwhelming numbers last night, NBC has pulled the plug on Thursday freshman comedies Bad Judge and A To Z. They are not being pulled from the schedule — both will stay in the 9 PM and 9:30 Thursday slots. Both also will complete their 13-episode original orders. Legal comedy Bad Judge starring Kate Walsh has shot 10 episodes, romantic comedy A To Z  has finished 11 episodes to date.

Neither comedy got traction on what has been a very challenging night for NBC, most recently logging a 0.9 (Bad Judge) and 0.7 (A To Z) adults 18-49 Live+Same Day ratings last night. They were not helped by a very low-rated lead-in in The Biggest Loser, which most recently logged a 1.1 last night when NBC finished behind Univision with a sub-par nightly average of a 1.0 demo rating.
NBC already has a replacement for the Thursday 9 PM hour, with the network’s flagship drama The Blacklist slated to move there after the Super Bowl.

Proving how difficult it has been for new broadcast comedies to take hold, Bad Judge and A To Z join ABC’s Manhattan Love Story on the list of cancellations this fall. All three are half-hour series. Additionally, Fox trimmed the order of its freshman comedy Mulaney.

NBC’s freshman comedy class’ best bet for a back order is Tuesday entry Marry Me, which has benefitted from a stronger lead-in from The Voice.

courtesy https://tv.yahoo.com/news/bad-judge-z-cancelled-nbc-222207810.html

Reply 15#15 Milks26's post

Not surprised but i knew we wouldn't get to Z

Reply 16#16 bala's post

After watching the Bad Judge trailer I was surprised that piece of CRAP  was even picked up. Shish!

Reply 17#17 Milks26's post

The only reason is because actress Kate walsh her fame from Grey's anatomy and Private Practice.

Reply 18#18 bala's post

That's the crazy thinking! Tv Execs automatically thinks that one actor or actresses fame will transfer somewhere else and produce instant success. Rarely, rarely does that happen.

1x05 E is for Ectoplasm

Andrew and Zelda trying to throw a joint party instead of their usual Halloween traditions would of been nice if their friends weren't fighting and trying to use them as the golden couple was a bad idea as it's only been a month, Ray Parker, Jr. guest staring was surprising

33 12
Thread