Thread
Printable Version

The Secret Circle Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Secret Circle Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Secret Circle Premiered on The CW on September 15, 2011

Cassie Blake was a happy, normal teenage girl - until her mother Amelia dies in what appears to be a tragic accidental fire. Orphaned and deeply saddened, Cassie moves in with her warm and loving grandmother Jane in the beautiful small town of Chance Harbor, Washington - the town her mother left so many years before - where the residents seem to know more about Cassie than she does about herself. As Cassie gets to know her high school classmates, including sweet-natured Diana and her handsome boyfriend Adam, brooding loner Nick, mean-girl Faye and her sidekick Melissa, strange and frightening things begin to happen. When her new friends explain that they are all descended from powerful witches, and they've been waiting for Cassie to join them and complete a new generation of the Secret Circle, Cassie refuses to believe them - until Adam shows her how to unlock her incredible magical powers. But it's not until Cassie discovers a message from her mother in an old leather-bound book of spells hidden in her mother's childhood bedroom, that she understands her true and dangerous destiny. What Cassie and the others don't yet know is that darker powers are at play, powers that might be linked to the adults in the town, including Diana's father and Faye's mother - and that Cassie's mother's death might not have been an accident.

The series stars Britt Robertson as Cassie Blake, Thomas Dekker as Adam Conant, Gale Harold as Charles Meade, Phoebe Tonkin as Faye Chamberlain, Jessica Parker Kennedy as Melissa, Shelly Hennig as Diana Meade, Louis Hunter as Nick, Ashley Crow as Jane Blake and Natasha Henstridge as Dawn Chamberlain. Based upon the book series by L.J. Smith (author of "The Vampire Diaries" book series), THE SECRET CIRCLE is from Outerbanks Entertainment and Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios with executive producers Kevin Williamson ("The Vampire Diaries," "Scream," "Dawson's Creek"), Andrew Miller ("Imaginary Bitches"), Leslie Morgenstein ("The Vampire Diaries," "Gossip Girl") and Gina Girolamo. Elizabeth Craft ("The Vampire Diaries," "Lie to Me") & Sarah Fain ("The Vampire Diaries," "Lie to Me") were executive producers on the pilot which was directed by Liz Friedlander ("The Vampire Diaries," "90210").
Homepage

Discuss Anything About The Secret Circle Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-27-2013 06:35 ]

3 of the best promos

1x01 Pilot

Interesting opening episode but the way Cassie stopped Fay's bad ass storm was good and that was a hell of a warning from Charles who also killed Cassie's mother

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Well i have few questions regarding first episode such if her mother was witch why didn't she have the power to stop the fire?. You would think having that secret she would at least be able protect her daughter but now she left unprotected. We are not sure if grandmother is strong enough to stop the circle.

It was good opening episode but it lack substance in the sense there wasn't much going on. If your going introduce the character you might spend time for us to get to know them?. Not just here they are the circle and we are suppose ok ?.

1x02 Bound

I always thought Faye's anger would hurt someone but almost killing the girl was careless and it's a good job her mother had the crystal

This is starting on Sky Living on Wednesday so I'm going to catch it then.

Reply 7#7 shinny's post

Shinny:  are there many american shows shown overseas?  Public cable.?
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 8#8 arksongbird80's post

here in Belgium we have a lot of American shows, only they don't start untill they are in their second or third season in America.

Reply 8#8 arksongbird80's post

This week on Sky One we have
NCIS: Los Angeles 3x01
Fringe 4x01
Glee 3x02
The Middle 3x02
Modern Family 3x02

This week on BBC 3 we have
Wilfred (US) 1x08

This week on Sky Living we have
The Secret Circle 1x01
Drop Dead Diva 3x05
Ringer 1x01
and next week Sky One starts Terra Nova

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Well i have say that was a nice way of explain how adults were able to cast magic when they don't have any powers it certainly made for good explanation but it does look like adults are trying make the children replay the past you would think they would at least try to be careful and we also found out how the previous circle was broken.. I liked the fact more information was provided in this episode.

Reply 11#11 bala's post

I actually think that the school headmastress and Diana's dad are trying to make the circle do something that will allow them to practice again.

Reply 9#9 kellemanske's post

Yeh, we are quite lucky in what we get. Jim has listed a lot of ones that are aired on UK Channels, which we get in Ireland but we tend to get US shows even before the UK channels so we have the best of both and they'll air a day to a couple of days after the US. In saying that there are always ones they don't show and that's why I'm so grateful I found VIPtv years ago!

This has now been added to Realplayer site

Reply 13#13 shinny's post

That's so great.  I had no idea the UK channeled US shows. I  thought ya'll watched everything online. I'm in the loop!

I'm thinking I have to start watching this show.  It has potential.  I saw the opening and then well.....Grey's came on!   But it's on VIP now....   I have so many options.

Reply 15#15 arksongbird80's post

And Ireland

Reply 16#16 shinny's post

I am so sorry to have forgotten our irish cousins!  Forgive me!!!   

1x03 Loner

Delighted the show has been added here now as I wanted to watch the other episodes immediately. This was another strong episode. Cassie has now become more part of the group as she realises they are safer together after what happened.

It was interesting to see that Diana sees what is going on between Cassie and Adam. I feel like it's more a case of keep your friends close but your enemies closer with Diana wanting to be friends with Cassie. She feels like Adam is slipping away and by making Cassie a close friend, she knows that will make it harder for Cassie to betray her. Smart really. But we all know it's only going to be a matter of time. After all, they are destined to be together !!

Good to see that Faye has a "nice" side sticking up for Melissa like that. Although I think Nick (played by Louis Hunter) is totally mis-cast. He's the only weak link I can see in this show so far.

[ Last edited by shinny at 10-1-2011 13:36 ]

Reply 17#17 arksongbird80's post

Haha, no problem

1x03 Loner

Yes the 3rd episode was good but i like the consequence of them binding the powers that they need someone else to practice. it give the show some direction since now they need to be a team but it's going to be fun to watch them try to be a team there will always be problem but it gives first season some structure.

Thread