Thread
Printable Version

32 Brinkburn Street (BBC One) General Discussion (Spoilers)

32 Brinkburn Street (BBC One) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Drama series moving between the lives, loves and lies of two generations of the same family who live at 32 Brinkburn Street in 1931 and 2011. In 1931, Walter Ogilvie's gambling addiction leads to trouble when he is pursued by a debt-collecting gang, and wife Gracie takes in a mysterious lodger to make ends meet. In 2011, Ellie and Nick Milliner have recently moved back in with Frank, Ellie's father, who has lived in Brinkburn Street his whole life. But all of the family are oblivious to the mystery skeleton that lurks behind the attic wall.

BBC One
Source

Discuss Anything About 32 Brinkburn Street Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-11-2011 23:43 ]

1x01 Episode 1

That was some beating Walter got from the debt-collecting gang back In 1931, so his wife decides to take in a lodger to help ease their worries and In 2011 i like Frank's advert for a carer but their daughter finding a 1931 penny under the floorboards ties the two generation's together

1x01 Episode 2

Walters gambling problem ends up costing him his job back in 1931 but helping the debt-collecting gang to rob the church was horrible and small world when Poppy goes to the doctor who is also the the new carer's married boyfriend

1x03 Episode 3

It was great that Gracie stopped Violet and the abortion from taking place but Walter going out and leaving Nora at home alone was diabolical because she went out and had an accident

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I have also been watching this series and I'm finding it very interesting.  Todays episode begins to tie in with the discoveries yet to come in the present day house.  We also learn why 'Sid' is on the run.  It also seems he has more to do with the present day occupants than was first realised ;) .
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

Reply 5#5 trulee's post

Nick telling Michael to stay away from Poppy was never going to go down well so I'm not surprised she isn't happy when she finds out and it would be nice if Gracie took Sid up on his offer to take her and the kids with him and as for the body i first thought it would be Violet or Gracie

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 4-2-2011 14:47 ]

1x05 Episode 5

Another good episode, we knew the body would be found but for 80 years how did they get rid of the smell in the early days and I'm assuming Gracie was Frank's mother but whose the father he was obviously named after Sid's real name

Thread