25 12
Thread
Printable Version

Bent Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Bent Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Bent Premiered on NBC on March 21, 2012

It's amazing what you can find when you're a little bit lost - and how ironic at a time like this that you suddenly find yourself attracted to exactly what used to repel you!

That's the situation for Alex and Pete. On the surface, they could not be more different. Alex is strong, resilient, tough-as-nails and recently divorced, now raising her eight-year-old daughter as a single mom. She's also a lawyer, which is funny because her ex-husband is in jail for fraud. Determined not to let anything do her in, she stays the course by not taking grief from anyone... oh, and she's just decided to redo her kitchen.

Enter Pete, the contractor she hires for the job. Pete is a recovering gambling addict, avid surfer and unapologetic womanizer. His vices have ruined his relationships with his old construction team, and Alex's kitchen job is his last chance to prove that he won't just blow it all again.

But he's not quite prepared for what's about to hit him when he encounters the force that is Alex; nor does she realize that her rigid facade is about to crumble at about the same time her kitchen gets demolished. And if Pete didn't have enough to deal with, his father - played by the inimitable Jeffrey Tambor - is competing with him for womanizer of the year and it's clear to see the apple didn't fall too far from the tree.

From writer Tad Quill (Scrubs, Spin City) and starring Amanda Peet comes a new romantic comedy about two people who may be bent, but are definitely not broken.
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Bent Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-27-2013 06:38 ]

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

I was wondering when this was going to air

[ Last edited by bala at 2-26-2012 13:42 ]

looks like it may be a good one

funny, goodlooking people and conflicted attraction what could be better

Reply 4#4 fo_ogun1's post

Unfortunately those actors don't have much luck when it comes to tv show, they have done quite few tv show that don't past the first season.  Both of them.

Reply 5#5 Bala's post

This may be their lucky break.

Reply 6#6 fo_ogun1's post

it must be nice to be optimistic

Bent Sneak Peek Clips

Pilot

Well this nice little comedy but seeping with the babysitter was priceless .

Smitten

His ex-girlfriend is amusing the fact that he consider sleeping with her after he walked out of her during their engagment. She does seem like a nutcase should lead to amusing moments

Reply 10#10 bala's post

I'm not really a fan of Comedy series, but I liked this one. Maybe because it's only 30 minute show and has good humor. But I'll definately keep watching.

Reply 11#11 kellemanske's post

I just hope he doesn't sleep with her friend

HD

Seriously shoot her boyfriend cheating on her in HD was amusing since it took ages to load but i loved how he got out of it by saying they were not exclusive but she fell for it i would thought it would assumed they were exclusive. This really was a great excuse if you ever caught cheating -you didn't say we were exclusive

A-Game

Well not sure what to make of this episode but she really shouldn't depend on both of them

Reply 9#9 bala's post

Pete was good with Charlie but sleeping with the nanny was a little stupid

Reply 10#10 bala's post

Pete rekindling his romance with ex-girlfriend Natalie was interesting and the stories Ben was telling Charlie were inappropriate

Reply 13#13 bala's post

I thought when they hide behind the car he was going to miss with the video but not going steady as his get out clause was terrible and everyone helping Charlie get back at the school bully was amusing

Reply 14#14 bala's post

Pete returning the missing necklace was the right thing to do but blaming someone else was cruel

This has now been added to the flash site

1x05 Mom

What happened when Pete's mom Vanessa returns to town was amusing and trying to disguise the sound from the cat in the wall was crazy

25 12
Thread