70 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Missing Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Missing Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Missing (2012) Premiered on ABC on March 15, 2012

Becca Winstone (Ashley Judd) learns that her son, Michael, disappears while studying abroad, and it's a race against time when she travels to Europe to track him down. A surprising turn of events reveals just how far one mother will go to protect her family. Exotic locations and thrilling twists will keep you riveted in "Missing."

How far would you go to save the only thing you have left in the world? At 8 years old, Michael watched as his father, CIA Agent Paul Winstone, was murdered. Now 10 years later, Paul's wife, Becca, is faced with the reality of her son growing up. When Michael is afforded the opportunity to study abroad, his mother reluctantly agrees it's time to let him go. Just a few weeks into his trip Michael disappears, and Becca immediately suspects foul play. When she arrives in Rome, she begins piecing together the clues left behind. It isn't long before the kidnappers realize they've picked a fight with the wrong woman. Becca Winstone has a secret of her own -- before Paul's death, she was also a lethal CIA Agent. But if she wants to find her son alive, Becca will have to rely on old friends and reopen old wounds. Her resourcefulness, skill and determination will be put to the test – but a mother's love knows no limits.

Homepage

Discuss Anything About Missing (2012) Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-27-2013 07:01 ]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-16-2012 23:13 ]

Will be watching because Ashley Judd is one of my favourite movie actress but i can't believe she want to risk doing a tv show because i don't think this will last past first season-we have too many similar shows like this that got cancelled.

Reply 5#5 bala's post

I think this will be good and I hope that it will be and that it will survive.

Reply 6#6 kellemanske's post

Only time will tell

Wow!! I loved that pilot episode.
And they chose the right person to play the deputy chief. I love him!
Looks like they have been following her son for a long time.
I'm curious if her husband was a dubbel agent and he still is alive.

Reply 9#9 kellemanske's post

I couldn't agree more! loved the show.  Ashley did a great job and it will be just intereting enough with all the web of lies to keep going.  
Doubt he's still alive..... i don't think he would have left michael in a strange country.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 9#9 kellemanske's post

Well it's time for my opinion and let just say it felt more like a movie than a tv show, at least with 24 you could tell you were watching a tv show and this was very good pilot but so many questions come to mind. The first being why didn't she train her son in self defence?. You would think a person as good as her would at least train her son in some basic fighting technique in case he ever got into trouble?. I understand that she didn't want him to know she was CIA but for someone who is willing to do anything find her son she should of prepared him.

It's clear there more to this but i think son stubbing into the drug operation at the bar and was kidnapped as a result but thinking CIA is behind it was a little ridiculous based on fact they didn't want her. It's clear she is going to cause an international incident. The dad being alive is possible but like you said i don't think he would left his son alone but there is a possibility that he escaped and made sure his son was safe.

Despite all of this it was enjoyable episode to watch.

[ Last edited by bala at 3-16-2012 14:47 ]

Reply 11#11 bala's post

I agree about the drugs. It could be that he found out, but then why did they have pictures of when he was young and from before he left? I agree about the movie thing as well, but I don't mind that that much cause I love movies as well. But I'm happy that we'll get to see more off this and I can't wait to see the next episode.
I just think it will be difficult to keep this up and therefore I hope that they aren't going to fall still in the middle of the season and that it won't become boring.

The Hard Drive

Well she so close shame they did get airplane quicker she really need some vehicle and gun to catch up but trying run after a plane was rather ridiculous.

Reply 14#14 bala's post

I think she couldn't just let her son go, but the interpol guy came true and getting evidence against the French director was great. I love the story about Hard Drive.

Reply 15#15 kellemanske's post

Well i just hope they keep give her close call with her son or it could get annoying really fast.

Im really enjoying it so far. Bala ur right it will have to move forward tho or it will get tedious.   .
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

But that's kind of the danger in every show, so for now I'm optimistic

1x01 Pilot

Michael was lucky he forgot his ball but Becca having to listen to that explosion over the phone was terrible, i thought her killing the only lead was great but him being described as a ghost was amusing and ironic considering he is now dead, her beating the cops to the surveillance tape was impressive but the photos going back all those years was a surprise

1x02 The Hard Drive

Hard drive being a person was an interesting twist on what you would imagine but putting his family in danger for what turned out to be a trap was terrible and how close she was with the plane was sad

70 1234
Thread