Thread
Printable Version

Hatfields & McCoys Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Hatfields & McCoys Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Hatfields & McCoys Premiered on History Channel on May 28, 2012

It’s the true American story of a legendary family feud—one that spanned decades and nearly launched a war between Kentucky and West Virginia. Hatfields & McCoys, a three-part miniseries, showcases an all-star cast led by Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton. It chronicles a clash of clans that inspired passion, vengeance, courage, sacrifice, crimes and accusations, while forever transforming the two families and the region they lived in.

The Hatfield-McCoy saga begins with Devil Anse Hatfield (Costner) and Randall McCoy (Paxton). Close friends and comrades until near the end of the Civil War, they return to their neighboring homes—Hatfield in West Virginia, McCoy just across the Tug River border in Kentucky—to increasing tensions, misunderstandings and resentments that soon explode into all-out warfare between their families. As hostilities grow, friends, neighbors and outside forces join the fight, bringing the two states to the brink of another civil war.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Hatfields & McCoys Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-9-2015 18:32 ]

This has now been added to the flash site

Episode 1

The first 40 minutes were kind of boring but when love story happen between Hatfield boy and McCoy girl but her becoming pregnant with his kid was starting point of this war but it good one of boy decided to tell her sister what was happening.

Episode 2

Well this was a much better episode and i can't believe he would marry her cousin but what a moron telling his family she was hiding one of Mccoy boys in their house. I can't believe how it has escalated in a civil war is crazy.   .

1x01 Episode 1

Sally willing to do her wifely duties as long as he spilled his seed outside I thought was amusing considering this was just after the Civil War and it does make you wonder why Roseanna and Johnse would risk becoming interested in each other considering their family feud has been going for years

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

You can't really blame them because they fell in love but i can't believe she left after what his mother said to her but to go home and tell her mother she was knocked up was crazy but sending her off to live with aunt was at least reasonable since she had a roof over her head.

1x02 Episode 2

Seeking revenge after one of theirs was murdered by a McCoy was understandable and at leased the three died more quickly but you just knew it was bound to escalate the trouble, getting shot after missing with the telescope was amusing and trust Johnse to marry Roseanna's cousin, Nancy

1x03 Episode 3

Roseanna loosing her daughter before she was one was tragic and what was they thinking giving Cotton Top a gun but shooting the girl after burning the women out of their home was diabolical and hanging him for it was sad as he knew no better

Thread