52 123
Thread
Printable Version

The Gates Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Gates Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Nestled inside a private mountain community are The Gates. The image of perpetual suburban bliss, each street is lined with perfectly manicured homes protected by the massive iron gates, but a dark and delicious secret is buried just beneath the surface of this picturesque neighborhood.

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-gates

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-11-2011 16:54 ]

1x01 Pilot

The Monohan family move into their new home in The Gates, an exclusive community of perfectly manicured lawns and friendly neighbors. But things grow complicated when Nick Monohan, the new Chief of Police, has to investigate those neighbors in a missing persons case during his first day on the job. Claire and Dylan Radcliff fight to hide not only their involvement in Nick's case, but their rather unusual family secret. Meanwhile, Charlie Monohan tries to adjust to his new school, finding a friend in the beautiful but unavailable Andie Bates. Just when his family is finally settling in, Nick's world is rocked by a late-night caller with some terrible news

I must say, I'm kinda on the fence about this show.  After watching the first episode there are good things that have caught my eye; the supernatural aspect, the crime to be solved but the slight feel of desparate housewives thrown in is holding me back abit.  I'll have to keep watching to make my final discussion if it's a new show for me.  Hopefully it doesn't go to supernatural soapopera on me.  just not in the mood for watching something like that at the moment  

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

yes i just watch the episode and it was good but i hope it doesn't get soapopera but looking at sneak peek of the second episode i must say i was surprised to find out what Andie is. . Just when you think she's normal from the first episode

The second episode was a bit more intresting just when you think it can't more mysterious and it seem everyone has a secret

Reply 5#5 bala's post

It does look like their all hiding secrets and with Andie being a Succubus how many different creatures are behind the gates

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

i suspect quite a few i still trying to figure if that blonde women is a witch or just really good herbalist ?

Reply 7#7 bala's post

Claire and Dylan Radcliff are vampire - Brett Crezski who is Andie's boyfriend and is a werewolf  along with Lukas Ford - Andie Bates has the same succubus traits as her mother - Peg Mueller and  Devon are witches

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Yes some of them are obvious but i wonder deal with it when they find out?.

1x03 Breach

Interesting episode, i wonder what Leigh is hiding but was lucky to get her box back with the burglar paying the ultimate price and the wolf pack was lucky after the lock down

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

i think it's that guy in the photo they have some sort of supernatural connection.

1x04 The Monster Within

Good episode with Teresa going after Nick and his family for what he did to her brother but was saved by Dylan which should be interesting to see what happens next

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

i knew she had a secret but i am glad it wasn't a supernatural one

Episode 5

Well really i knew the ending last episode creates some interesting story-lines but now Teresa murder cause her boyfriend find out the truth but him saying we makes choices we have to live with was so true about this episode.

Reply 14#14 bala's post

Marcus not being able to stop snooping around until he has the right answers that he wants was great but the video evidence in the safe should be interesting because at the moment no one else knows and by the look of all the other names he's got dirt on most of them

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

Yes i am surprised that devon didn't steal anyone else apart from her one she could easily get them.

Another good episode and who thought it was human who kill her not a vampire

Reply 17#17 bala's post

If only Andie knew the truth about her mother she might of taken the medicine before kissing Charlie

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

She would than hate her father for killing her mother

Digging the Dirt

Well this episode wasn't as good as pervious but still leads few revelation Buckly wife is vampire I figured she had a secret but Devon seems only one that has hidden agenda and still no closer in finding out what she wants. To be honest this show is losing it's appeal by every episode .

52 123
Thread