81 12345
Thread
Printable Version

Ringer Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Ringer Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Ringer Premiered on The CW on September 13, 2011

Sarah Michelle Gellar stars as a woman who, after witnessing a murder, goes on the run, hiding out by assuming the life of her wealthy identical twin sister – only to learn that her sister's seemingly idyllic life is just as complicated and dangerous as the one she's trying to leave behind. Bridget is six months sober and starting to turn her life around when she is the sole witness to a professional hit. Despite the assurances of her FBI protector, Agent Victor Machado, Bridget knows her life is on the line. She flees to New York, telling no one, not even her Narcotics Anonymous sponsor, Malcolm. In New York, Bridget reunites with her estranged twin, Siobhan. Wealthy, pampered and married to the strikingly handsome Andrew Martin, Siobhan lives what appears to be a fairy tale life – a life where no one knows that Bridget exists. The sisters seem to be mending their frayed relationship, until Siobhan disappears overboard during a boat trip, and Bridget makes the split decision to take on her sister's identity. She discovers shocking secrets, not only about her sister and her marriage, but also about Siobhan's best friend, Gemma, and Gemma's husband, Henry. And when someone tries to kill Bridget in her sister's penthouse, she realizes she is no safer as Siobhan than she is as herself.

The series stars Sarah Michelle Gellar as Bridget and Siobhan, Kristoffer Polaha as Henry, Ioan Gruffudd as Andrew Martin, Nestor Carbonell as Agent Victor Machado and Tara Summers as Gemma.

RINGER is produced by CBS Television Studios and Warner Bros. Television in association with ABC Television Studios and Brillstein Entertainment with executive producers Pam Veasey ("CSI, NY," "The District"), Peter Traugott ("Samantha Who?") and Emmy Award-winner Richard Shepard ("Ugly Betty"). The pilot was directed by Richard Shepard.

Homepage

Discuss Anything About Ringer Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-27-2013 07:03 ]

Ringer - Series Preview

1x01 Pilot

Interesting first episode but Siobhan disappearing off the boat was to convenient so i thought they had both swapped places not knowing what trouble they are both in which was then confirmed at the end

1x02 She's Ruining Everything

That was a close call with the body but then the blood and the phone call which was amusing and then the body disappearing

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Yep i have say this was ok episode but why does she keep ringing her sponsor? i liked how she helping the daughter with her problem and flashback are a nice way of giving the back story

1x03 If You Ever Want A French Lesson

Bridget going to see the FBI agent was a smart move so she had some leverage over the phone but when she was looking to see who rang her about her scarf was amusing

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

Yep, that was clever.

I wonder why real Siobhan is trying to kill her sister? I feel like we don't know a lot of what went on when Bridget was an addict. I'm sure it will all come out!

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

Well she was smart but the question now is how she will find out who behind it or will it dragged out for whole season. Siobhan is in France and where she hiding out but we have no idea why she left apart from the fact she was in unhappy marriage and how she fake the pregnancy but great cliffhanger with pregnancy stick

1x04 It's Gonna Kill Me, But I'll Do It

The shared necklace was a nice way to keep in touch with each other but what Gemma over heard about the baby was going to make the Hampton's trip more interesting

I found this episode quite predictable actually, which was a bit disappointing. The minute "Siobhán" told Gemma about her sister I knew it was all going to come out about her and Henry and that she'd be forced to tell her she wasn't the real Siobhán.

CW Gives Sarah Michelle Gellar Drama ‘Ringer’ Full-Season Order

On the heels of a big ratings rebound last night, the CW’s new drama series Ringer has been given a full-season order. After a decent start, the Sarah Michelle Gellar-starring mystery kept sliding against original competition on the major broadcasting networks until it spiked 33% in the adults 18-49 (0.8) and adults 18-34 demographics and 15% in viewers (1.7 million) last night with an episode featuring the demise of a supporting character. Will we see more people being whacked on Ringer in the following weeks to keep the ratings up? Originally developed for CBS, Ringer was co-created by Nicole Snyder and Eric Charmelo. CBS TV Studios and Warner Bros. TV are producing in association with ABC Television Studios and Brillstein Entertainment, with Pam Veasey, Peter Traugott and Richard Shepard executive producing.

Source

1x05 A whole new kind of b*tch

Wow, now I wasn't expecting that! Great episode.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-8-2011 12:13  
The shared necklace was a nice way to keep in touch with each other but what Gemma over heard about the baby was going to make the Hampton's trip more interesting
Yes it was nice way to keep in touch but i have to say telling her she was bridget was a risk

Reply 13#13 shinny's post

Well i have to say we don't know what he done to her but I am hoping he didn't kill her and Bridget standing up to her blackmail was good as the risk to her truth but now he done her a favour.

Reply 13#13 shinny's post

At leased Gemma knows from the missing burn mark that Bridget was telling the truth but threatening her to sleep with her husband was clever but what an ending and Juliet was a handful

The Poor Kids Do It Everyday

Well i have to say what Bridget did call cop with evidence look suspicious but it was smart thinking and now we know who was responsible but seriously no matter how much i like a women i wouldn't clean up a murder scene for her?

Reply 19#19 bala's post

Juliet standing up to the bully at her new school was great but the way her father reacted was expected considering her past and how ironic that when the teacher comes to her aid and he asks them to apologise when he also thought it was her fault and Gemma's disappearance was interesting

81 12345
Thread