Thread
Printable Version

Privates Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Privates Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Privates Premiered on BBC One on January 07, 2013

Drama series set in 1960 and following the stories of eight privates, part of the last intake of National Service, stationed at a basic training depot in North Yorkshire.

Source
Homepage
Link to About the Show

Discuss Anything About Privates Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-19-2013 11:42 ]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-18-2013 23:56 ]

1x01 Episode 1

Jimmy being chased across the barracks by Private Keenan was amusing but after punching his Sargent when he was tapped on the shoulder I'm not surprised he went AWOL and passing out at the sight of the large needles was amusing

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-18-2013 23:57 ]

1x02 Episode 2

Not knowing his left or right on the parade ground was amusing as the guys had to teach him before the next parade and the protect the flag test was interesting but I cant believe they past and Jimmy coming back after punching an officer should be interesting but leaving his girlfriend standing at the station was sad

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-18-2013 23:57 ]

1x03 Episode 3

The assault course was amusing but finding out Jimmy got Private Keenan's twin sister pregnant who later died after an abortion because he ran of was sad and made sense why he wont forgive him

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-18-2013 23:58 ]

1x04 Episode 4

The simulated gas attack was brutal because Wrattan passed out and the nuclear attack warning going off as the barrack watch the clock for their leave to begin was just bad timing and the suicide was a surprise

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-10-2013 22:04 ]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-18-2013 23:58 ]

1x05 Episode 5

I cant tell if Lomax is really mad or just pretending but his antics was amusing until he he pulled the pin out of a hand grenade on the Remembrance Day parade with tragic consequence and Davies thinking his grandfather was a deserter before he passed away was sad but finding the Victoria Cross with his name on it was a nice surprise

This has now been added to the flash site

Thread