45 123
Thread
Printable Version

Prime Suspect Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Prime Suspect Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Prime Suspect Premieres on NBC on September 22, 2011

If being a homicide detective in New York isn't tough enough, having to contend with a male-dominated police department to get respect makes it that much tougher. And that's exactly what Jane Timoney has to do. She's an outsider who was just transferred to a new precinct where a fraternity of cops isn't willing to give her the benefit of the doubt - especially given the way they think she got the job after an illicit affair with her boss.

Jane is by no means perfect, and with her own vices and questionable past she can be forceful, willful, rude, and downright reckless. She's also a brilliant cop with an uncanny ability to see what others miss, and get inside a criminal's head like no one else. While she wouldn't admit it, she wants the respect of the men in her life - including her commanding officer, her fellow detectives, and her complicated boyfriend and his young son - but above all, she keeps her eye on one thing: the prime suspect.

From director Peter Berg (Friday Night Lights) comes the re-imagining of the British television hit starring Maria Bello (The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, A History of Violence, The Cooler) as the tough-as-nails detective who doesn't know when to quit.
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Prime Suspect Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 8-3-2011 01:45 ]

Why do i feel that this won't last past 1st season ?

Prime Suspect - Good Day at Work

Prime Supect Extended Promo

1x01 Pilot

This was an average start until they staked out the wrong address and then the chase was great but that was some beating Jane got trying to arrest him and on a side note in the UK when you hear police sirens you pull over and not drive head on to them

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

In the US you're suppose to pull over and let them pass.....

This was okay but nothing more than just average. I bet the UK version is much better....
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Yeah it was but are we really suppose to feel sorry for her at least with the closer Brenda was hated from the start but it wasn't as bad as these guys. Did anyone else think it was a bit odd that there's only 1 female detective when on other show there are more than 1. It kind felt rather old fashioned since it's not 1990's it's 2011 i highly doubt there this much sexism in the US police department in 2011 so how do they expect us to relate to it?.

Reply 8#8 bala's post

Ya know, I noticed that too....

Reply 9#9 arksongbird80's post

Well let see how the second episode does

This has now been added to Realplayer site

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Seriously.  I was just thinking I could let this one go.  The mean guy is just too mean.  The exwife about the kid is over the top.   Maria Bello is doing a great job but everything around her is just too much.  I don't like how some of the undercurrents are pushing the crime out of the storyline.

Reply 12#12 arksongbird80's post

Well join the club i guess i might let this go since i have too many shows to watch this weekend.

Reply 13#13 bala's post

LOL  it's not often we're on the same page show wise.  Letting go I mean...

1x02 Carnivorous Sheep

Duffy is a real pain in the ass and Jane was lucky to spot the doll on the floor but the other guy killing him self when he knew the child was safe was pointless but he did come close to hurting the other girl

Reply 8#8 bala's post

I am probably not going to watch this show, the trailer looked pretty lame and the posts here make it seem like it is not worth my time.
I did however want to reply to an earlier post of yours. The trailer stated that there are only 6,000 detectives in the NYPD.
Since there are approximately 36,000 police officers in the entire NYPD, and women make up only 15% of that number. That's about 5,400 female officers total, most of who are not detectives. The NYPD has 76 precincts scattered throughout the 5 burrows, and each precinct has different detective units (squads), homicide, vice, special victims, robbery, etc... Plus the detective command divisions, and the citywide detective units. It makes sense that not all units (including homicide), will have a female detective in it. I actually feel the writers doing this, makes it more realistic than shows that have a female on every squad just because it is politically correct.

My brother-in law is a NYC mounted cop, believe me there is a lot of sexism in the NYPD, in fact there is a lot of sexism in most police depts. especially metropolitan police depts. When a woman is added to an all male squad, she will be given a much harder time than a man. Even newly added men are given a hard time, but nothing like woman are. Most woman in the police dept. don't want to rock the boat and cry sexual harassment, unless they want to be frozen out and not have their backs watched. For the most part, women put up with it until they prove that they are a valued member of the squad and can carry their own weight.  In the case of this woman, having the members of the squad believe that she got the job by laying on her back, it may take a long while before she earns their trust. It may not be right, but it is just the way it is.

1X03

This episode was so much better.  Mostly because it was all about solving the case and not about the squad being jerks.  

The robbery, good side story line, but it kinda fizzled....

prime suspect not working?

For some reason, this show isn't working for me.  Anyone else having this problem?

Reply 16#16 gypsiegirl66's post

Wow sorry i didn't respond sooner just been busy for last couple of weeks but i am surprised at what you stated because Equal opportunities in work place  i thought that this wasn't a problem in police force. . I suppose i don't know facts i just basis my opinion of tv shows like the closer and castle and the mentalist etc.

1x03 Bitch

Jane trying to be nice to Reg on the phone after what her partner said was funny and all of them trying to prove Malcolm's alibi was a lie was impressive

45 123
Thread