100 12345
Thread
Printable Version

Perception Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Perception Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Perception Premiered on TNT on July 09, 2012

In Perception, Eric McCormack plays Dr. Daniel Pierce, an eccentric neuroscience professor with paranoid schizophrenia who is recruited by the FBI to help solve complex cases. Pierce has an intimate knowledge of human behavior and a masterful understanding of the way the mind works. He also has an uncanny ability to see patterns and look past people's conscious emotions to see what lies beneath. Pierce's mind may be brilliant, but it's also damaged. He struggles with hallucinations and paranoid delusions brought on by his schizophrenia. Oddly, Daniel considers some of his hallucinations to be a gift. They occasionally allow him to make connections that his conscious mind can’t yet process. At other times, the hallucinations become Daniel's greatest curse, leading him to behave in irrational, potentially dangerous ways. Daniel's mental condition and offbeat manner make it difficult for him to achieve the close friendships and intimate relationships he craves. He’s in his element when solving an intricate puzzle or a coded message. But in unfamiliar situations, he can quickly become overwhelmed, and only his favorite music and a crossword puzzle have the power to make things right again. Rachael Leigh Cook co-stars as FBI agent Kate Moretti, Pierce’s former student who asks him to consult on certain cases. Unlike her colleagues, Kate is willing to look past Daniel's peculiarities. Also in Daniel's life is Max Lewicki (Arjay Smith), who serves as his teaching assistant. His primary job is to keep Pierce in line and on task, whether that means grading midterms or laying out Pierce's wardrobe for the day. And Natalie Vincent (Kelly Rowan) is Daniel's best friend and every bit his intellectual equal. In addition, award-winning actor LeVar Burton (Roots, Star Trek: The Next Generation) will play a recurring role as Paul Haley, a dean at the university and Pierce’s friend.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Perception Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 6-25-2013 19:47 ]

Pilot

I was plesantly surprised with this show!  I didn't figure out who done it withint the first 20 mins.  Eric the professor's "problem" was an added drama I am going to look forward to him working through.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 5#5 arksongbird80's post

I really enjoyed this episode also but did you figure who was real or not i knew that women he was seeing wasn't real and that guy at the door wasn't real but the girl got me since i wasn't sure but laugh when he asked his assistant to go see if she was real.

1x01 Pilot

Kate jumping off the fire escape was a little crazy and the human lie detector was a nice touch but the girl flirting and getting undressed had to be real because he was told off about the way he spoke to her outside

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

I like this show it has potential

Reply 8#8 bala's post

Lets hope it does better than Endgame

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

It's on TNT they very good chance it will last few season

Faces

Face blindness was interesting condition but the fact he got confused between his wife and her best friend was sad and how they planned to bleed him dry but they could of escaped quite easily all they had replace her with a doll he couldn't tell the difference .

Reply 11#11 bala's post

This episode had such potential but I was bored.  . No reason.  The face guy was interesting.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

1x02 Faces

Moretti's face when Daniel asked about the shoes was amusing and what a brilliant scam for the wife and her friend to pull on her  husband to bleed him dry

86’d

Well a cold case from 1986 was nice twist to this series but figure out who it was tricky but i was impressed at women acting like a teenager it was rather convincing as a viewers most of the acting was average on this show but when you given such an difficult acting role for a grown women. I really enjoyed her performance as a teenager .

1x03 - 86’d

Moretti’s dad letting slip about her crush on Pierce was amusing and it's a good job Lacey's mother kept her room like a time capsule but what a great result after 26 years, it's a shame Lacey will have to live life like ground hog day

This has now been added to the flash site

1x01

If they can keep it up, this could be a fairly decent show, not real originally, but what is today?  Like the main characters, both real and unreal
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Cipher

Well who would thought he figured out the message in random newspaper but trying to befriend him almost cost him his life with the package.

The Messenger

Well imagine Joan of Arc as his guide was interesting but i had feeling it was her all along since she always plays bad guy on tv shows.

1x04 Cipher

The brain communication was impressive and having to protect Dafoe was ironic considering what he had done but stopping the kid killing Dafoe's parents and the cops from killing him was great

1x05 The Messenger

The message he wanted Joan of Arc to send God was great but the way he made it look like he was brain dead to get her to make a move was impressive

Lovesick

I don't know why this episode hasn't been updated but what an episode trying cure gayness was ridclous but kill him so that he and his wife could be together was ridiculous.   .

Reply 25#25 bala's post

It doesn't air until August 20th because when it should of aired they showed Major Crimes instead.

100 12345
Thread