Thread
Printable Version

Returning Viewer :) with a question

Returning Viewer :) with a question

Hi - I've been away for awhile - some things going on in real life (how inconvenient!) and first may I say "hello again" and secondly, that I apologize if this question has been answered right under my nose. I'm a bit rusty on the forum. (Love the flash player btw) My question is that my significant other (in the same house) and I don't always see eye to eye on tv shows or when we do, we are rarely in the same place. Can he and I both watch at the same time from two different computers that are networked here at home? I would think the IP would be the same but I don't know a lot about this. His computer is about 8 feet from mine and as I said they are networked. I've been raving about how good you are but apparently we can't both sign in at the same time. As an FYI, I buy the unlimited viewing and we can't really afford to do it twice. Look forward to your answer - and to catching up on a lot of tv!! This is much more relaxing than much of my real life over the past year or so. It's nice to be back.
Would YOU go through the Stargate?

If I remember correctly you can and here is how you can do it. One of you would logon and choose your show. Once the show has started then the other person could logon the site on their machine and start a show. Each time you want to view a new show you will need to logon to the site again as the server would require you to. I am quite sure this will work but you will need to try it out. Hope this helps
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +5 Very well explained! 1-31-2012 11:38

Reply 2#2 carlorica's post

Can't explain it any better than calorica did. This is exactly how it works. You are correct windchimes, that once it's on same router and therefore IP address there is no issue. However, if someone else (on a different IP address) were to log in using your details you would be automatically kicked out. I think you get a message that says "You've been logged in at another location" or something like that.

Reply 3#3 shinny's post

Thank you so much!! That is good news indeed!

Reply 2#2 carlorica's post

Thanks for writing that all out. It makes good sense.

Thread