21 12
Thread
Printable Version

Jerky video with new Firefox

Jerky video with new Firefox

I had Firefox v.2 and have used this site seamlessly. I recently downloaded Firefox v.3 and now the video is jumpy and choppy, and doesn't work as well. Any way to correct this without going back to the old version?

Reply 1#1 wcs234's post

The one thing I would say is to make sure you speed is set correctly. That only happens to me when the connection speed has changed. To do so, do the following in Realplayer: 1. Click the Tools menu, and then select Preferences. The Preferences box opens. 2. In the Category pane, click Connection. 3. Click the Test Connection button, then the Perform Test button to determine your current connection speed. 4. Click the Update button to set your minimum bandwidth preference. 5. Click OK. 6. Try to play the clip again.

Reply 1#1 wcs234's post

your not alone firefox did that to me too. then it just started kicking me out all together vry time i click a show it shuts down my browser only on this site.
prepare for the worse hope for the best

What do you mean by jerky? If the video pauses briefly then goes on, the solution presented above should solve the problem. Enough buffer time to get all the packets. Get the right speed to avoid bottlenecks. I'm not on Windows but I find that I have to resize my real player plugin window to get rid of the strobe effect. Minor inconvenience because compared to the network websites, this one rocks.

Reply 2#2 shinny's post

I tried the fix but it does not help as soon as I updated firefox I can't watch the videos. It's like I'm back on dial-up with the video start and stopping constantly.
TV solves all problems!

Reply 5#5 Speshul_K's post

That's very strange. Try opening it in Real Player instead (Blue R down the right hand side of the panel, right click on that and you will see the option to watch in Real Player) Let me know how you get on !

Still not helping.... Any other suggestions. I never had any streaming problems with the old firefox, and now I can't watch anything. Jerkyness, jumping, starting, stopping, freezing.... name a problem, i've now got it.

Have you tried to reinstall real player??

Reply 7#7 wcs234's post

If the new Firefox continues to give you the issues you're describing, I'd suggest uninstalling it and reinstalling the earlier version. Maybe your computer just doesn't like the change and is rebelling.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Jerky Videos

A few years later - same problems as mentioned above - indepentently from the browser. I tested Firefox 9, Safari or Google Chrome - it has nothing to do with the browser this time. viptv.net Europe doesn't deliver as soon as you stop playing - no buffering. It is on average 3 seconds watching, 5 seconds waiting. I watched Enterprise on the EU server. http://viptv.net/index.php?sid=2&mod=tvp&movid=6__27&urlid=541971

Reply 10#10 tymcat's post

I'm not sure what you mean by it doesn't deliver as soon as you stop playing. Do you mean it's not loading, i.e. the red bar is not showing the load of the episode? I just played it there and it's working. Stopping and restarting but that's because of the Server issue we have at the moment and we are recommending to people to pause the show and let it load. Maybe elaborate a bit more so we can try to understand precisely what the issue is. Thanks.

I might be wrong that loading stops completely - in the 10 minutes I was opening and searching the forum and started writing - about 2.5 mins loaded of "The Universe (with Michio Kaku)". It is 3 secs watching followed by 10 secs waiting while watching. There is no streaming of this serial on the US server, so I cannot compare. Please let me know if I can be of any help. Macbook Pro, OS 10.6.8, Chrome/Firefox/Safari

Reply 12#12 tymcat's post

I have to admit that I'm still not 100% clear what you mean. What I would suggest is that when you open the show, pause it and let it load until the bar is about 1/4 to 1/2 the way red.

I checked the connection in RealPlayer - T1, but it doesn't play VipTv properly either. I can rule out a bad connection, since I have no problems with other sources.

Reply 14#14 tymcat's post

Realplayer doesn't have a choice of servers so I'm assuming your on the flash site

As Jim said you must be on the flash site since you mentioned EU and US servers. The realplayer site just has one icon which is the R for Realplayer. You know that we are having server issues at the moment? We have no US server and all capacity is on the EU server. So, during peak times, it's going to be a lot slower. This is why I'm advising you to let it load for a while before you start watching it.

Reply 16#16 shinny's post

They need to amend the software requirement on http://viptv.net/ from realplayer to flash as it's been almost 12 months since the launch and it would help with the confusion

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

Yeah, we've raised it with lbjedward already and he said they will change it when they have time. I agree that it's confusing.

I gave it a try during working hours early morning - it loads instantly, with or without Flash. The internet evolves at both ends - within the last year in my 6-floor house and around some 10+ WiFi stations popped up. This is in central Munich, not mentioning the suburbs. Loading a 45 min movie in the evening takes actually 2 to 4hs. Thank you Sinéad and Jim for your replies. Felix

Reply 19#19 tymcat's post

No problem. Are you using public Wifi? I would imagine that would grind to a halt around peak times. I would suggest you get your own broadband connection. Flash files are big and take up a lot of bandwidth so using a Public connection, during peak times, is not a good idea.

21 12
Thread