Thread
Printable Version

Snails pace

Snails pace

Is there a reason why the board has been incredibly slow for the last month. Takes me about half an hour to get to actually watch a show and this includes at times where there wouldn't be peak viewing. I have a fast internet connection and all other websites work really quickly. This is becoming frustrating now.

Reply 1#1 bezza1978's post

Are you referring to the forum or the VIP site? I haven't found either to be slow.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Just the VIP site, it takes ages for every page to load so if you start from the home page it can take me up to 10 minutes to navigate a page with the list of episodes for the show I want and then a good couple of minutes for an episode to load. Never had this issue before it moved to the new server. And yes I am using Firefox and no my internet is not slow. Fast with every other web page. And this is happening ALL the time, not just at times of pek viewing for the site

Reply 3#3 bezza1978's post

I see you posted in the other thread, where LBJ explained what was happening. It seems that some places are experiencing difficulty, whereas others are not. I noticed codebreaker's issue has resolved, so hopefully yours will as well.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Still experiencing extreme slowness. Just took 5 mins for the homepage to load and the whole process from trying to get onto the site and to actually watch an episode has taken me more than 10 mins with each page taking an age to lad. Is there anything I can do or is this happening to anyone else. I love this site but have to plan half an hour in advance to actually watch anything and getting very frustrating now

The site was taking a long tiome for me too....but I refreshed the page and it loaded with no problmes. Try refresh and see it that works [ Last edited by Milks26 at 7-27-2009 16:32 ]

reply 5#5 bezza1978's post

It might depend on your location I guess... Here in asia pacific works very well starting from late of the month of May when the whole site experienced a worse downturn.. But after it was fixed it works fine. May be you should try some suggestions you can find in the forum. One of them is to CLEAR your Cookies. Find out if this will work for you. Or try other means in these threads... http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... 9945&extra=page%3D1 http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... =799&extra=page%3D1 http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... 9689&extra=page%3D4 Hope this will help. Goodluck!

Hey thanks but have tried everything and nothing has worked.Feels like i am using a dial up with this site. Guess I will have to watch shows elsewhere

reply 8#8 bezza1978's post

I guess the problem is in your end... maybe you are using firewall... try to reconfigure it with this site... or maybe your security is set to a maximum level that contribute to the slow streaming... try to reconfigure also your security... goodluck!

Thread