Thread
Printable Version

True Love Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

True Love Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

True Love Premieres on BBC One on June 17, 2012

David Tennant, Ashley Walters, Billie Piper, Jane Horrocks and David Morrissey star in an improvised series, exploring five powerful and overlapping love stories set in the same town.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About True Love Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 6-18-2012 05:44 ]

Well with the those actors i might consider watching it.

1x01 Nick

It was interesting why Nick would risk what looked like a happy married life when his first love appears out of the blue after just disappearing all those years ago but sleeping with her after his wife told him about meeting her was stupid

1x02 Paul

What a difference Paul's relationship was to Nick's with his wife being so cold to him so I'm not surprised he wanted to find out more about the girl at the bus stop but writing a message on the floor for her was amusing and finding out about the affair may of been a wakeup call to save their marriage

1x03 Holly

Holly did look unhappy with her affair with the married guy but inviting Karen to her place was a bad idea as it was obvious she fancied her teacher and who let the cat out of the bag was a surprise

1x04 Sandra

Sandra husband, David also being Holly's mystery married man was a interesting connection to the last episode so her striking up a friendship with Ismail was nice and I found David getting jealous interesting and her leaving served him right for cheating first

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Ok but he didn't leave her, it was closure for their relationship

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

But it cost him 5 grand

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Well trust billie piper take on girl on girl romance but student and teacher usually boy and girl so this was different. The boy asking that question in class almost embarrassed her.

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

Yes there was also a connection between episode 1 and 2 with the sister. As for this one i thought he cheated on her after she left him as we have no time-line as which came first ?.

1x05 Adrian

Adrian being Karen dad makes this another connection and ties the last three episodes together as Karen started dating Holly who was also dating Sandra husband, David and with Lorraine flirting with Adrian it brings it full circle but Adrian resisting made a nice change but what she did afterwards was cruel

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

Yes but her friend having a crush on her dad was sad but he did the right thing but i suppose that situation most female teenager dad have to face driving one of their daughter friend home. It was a tricky situation but glad she didn't leave him afterwards.

Reply 17#17 bala's post

Karen's school friend was vindictive, first with Karen and Holly and then going after Adrian

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

She couldn't handle rejection

This has now been added to the flash site

Thread