29 12
Thread
Printable Version

ITS WORKING NOW ON MAC!

It seems to be working fine for me now. When I click on any episode, it launches real player. So all gravy here.

Reply 21#21 aliyua's post

Great news! Happy viewing!
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Does this update mean that the Mac issues won't be fixed for other browsers? I can watch shows on Safari now, but they still won't work on Opera; although this is only a minor annoyance, I use the site quite a lot and would definitely prefer to use my main browser.

Reply 23#23 anactoria's post

I really don't know. If it would require re-coding, I doubt they would be able to make it compatible with every browser, but I do know some Mac users are able to use Firefox & Safari. You could always ask lbjedward in a PM.

Just so you know it works fine in firefox as well, I know it can be a real pain to use a browser that is not the one you use all the time .... I have to use a different one from mine to access my online banking and it winds me up.
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass ..and I'm all out of bubblegum

Opera work around

Just wanted to share my work around that I figured out for opera just in case people haven't figured it out yet. When I click on an episode a new window pops up telling me, "Error, you tried to access the address vip and it is unavailable." What I do is ctrl+click this window and select the copy address option. Then I open real player and under the file tab at the top I select open location. It will ask you to enter the url you are trying to open. Just paste the address you copied and hit enter to open the location. The episode should begin playing shortly after that. It's kind of pain to have to do this every time I want to watch an episode. It really makes me miss the old site that worked flawlessly with Opera. But anyway at least I can stop using Safari now. Also an interesting side note. If you ctrl+click the Opera window that opens for each episode there will be an option that say "Open with." You might find that one of the options listed is in fact Realplayer. If you click it realplayer should open automatically and you don't have to go through the fuss of copying and pasting. This is the method I used to use. However after I updated to the lastest version of Opera the realplay option disappeared. If you find you don't have the realplayer option listed just use the first method I described. Hopes this helps. I'm probably weeks too late and everyone has already figured this out for themselves... but I wanted to list it anyway just in case.
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +5 Tks for sharing your workaround :-) 6-17-2009 00:34

reply 26# 26 vip499779's post

that's a real helpful one vip, thanks for sharing.

hi i am a new mac user can get viptv.net to work on mac any help movieonliNE.CC WORKS FINE

Reply 28#28 W385's post

Hello. The video format on movieonline.cc has recently been changed to HTML5. Here on viptv;net, the format is still Flash. I'm not a Mac user, but many of our members are. I'm not sure if the tips here are up to date for Mac, but I suggest you start with the suggestions there. If it doesn't help, please post again, and I'll see if one of the other moderators, who does use a Mac can provide more suggestions for you.

29 12
Thread