Thread
Printable Version

Gilmore Girls Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply #5 janenjab's post

Try not to get too upset, Jane.  The season shapes up much better that it begins.  Of course, it's not a good as I would have liked, but it's OK.  Will be interested to see how you like the rest of season 7...which, of course, left me , mainly because it was the end.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply #6 waterlilybarb's post

Yes, I see that it gets a little better but it's not close to AS-P but okay as you say. I was just watching an episode where the continuity is way off. You can tell the new writers are a bit off on the background of these characters. Its the episode where Rory has two new friends over to the house in Stars Hallow while Lorelai and Chris are in Paris. One of the friends points out growth chart of sorts on the door of the hallway closet that documented Rory's height at different ages as she was growing up and pointed out one that had the hight when she was seven implying that they lived in that house then and we all know that's not the case as we found out the got the house when Rory was around 12. I guess watching these shows back to back makes me able to pick out these errors easier. LOL But there are also a few errors all along the series that I picked up.

Anyways back to the show...
   It only takes a minute to change your life... | PAUSE |   

MARRIED?!?!  

season 5

ok i'm on episode 8 of this season, so we meet logan -was wondering when we will see him-you see i'm jumped to season 7 when it start this year now i'm backtracking.not happy with dean and rory but i know logan her man .just got vip card this morning

half way throught season 5

OMG-i can't believe how in last 3 episodes 12-14 they broke up and i couldn't believe how vulnerable she was. it's first time she ever let a man make her feel so bad Lorelai  should told Luke about Chris but i understand why she didn't, now Rory man has she grown she not that shy little girl any more-gutsy moved making a move on Logan during her grandparents wedding renewal ceremony and i like how Lorelai refuses talk to Emily-i can't wait until tomorrow watch next episode i have just watch 5 episodes back-to-back.

Reply #6 bala's post

lol i've done the same with watching the epis back-to-back I remember that set! Those were really great episodes I think thats what made me really like this season!

Reply #8 janenjab's post

I KNOW!?!   That was a shocker for me too, especially since Rory wasn't even at the wedding.  Keep watching, it gets better...depending on how you look at it.

it nice

i can't believe i wasted a day watching this-i'm happy but i really should be job hunting-i'm almost finished season 5

SNIFFLES

Wow I think that this season shaped up quite nicely after a bit of an iffy start. I just got through watching the finale and I am surprised, I think they did a nice job. (Mind you I'm still dying to know AS-P's final 4 words and how she would end it!) You were right Barb the episodes did get better.

SIGH

The finale definitely brought tears to my eyes and it ended on a good note. I'm just so sad to see it go.

But I do feel strangely content (aside from the 4 words eating away at me). I'm going to miss these wonderful characters but I'm glad that I have the opportunity to always go back and reminisce. This is definitely one of my all time favorite shows and I'd recommend it to anyone! I wish this show didn't have to end, but as they say all good things must come to end.

BON VOYAGE

Quote:
Originally posted by janenjab at 6-25-2007 13:51
So far I've watched the first 10 episodes of this season. I really liked the first episode. The proposal and acceptance so cute! I loved that Jess came back and knocked some sense into Rory's head he' ...
This is where i'm upto right now so i agree but you can't blame logan to be jealous of Jess, it nice to see how he handle the situation and reunion with her mother was good so it coming eventually. Luke has a kid i understand why he didn't tell her that what's going break them up i suspect but i'm not sure, that's thing with these drama you really didn't see that coming. So now chris is loaded he feel guilty and Rory took her dad offer now why didn't he set up trust fund for Rory when he got money-he set one for gigi but yes rory 21 so it would be interesting what would happend when he dies-50/50 money spilt between Gigi and gilmores?

i'm sure she and logan will get back together

i'm not sure what i feel for dog

i'm done

Finally i'm finished Gilmore Girls

Reply #10 janenjab's post

**Possible Spoilers**

I have to agree with you.  I too was content with the ending.  Though I'm crossing my fingers for a TV-movie (for those final 4 words ), I was satisfied with the way things ended.  No loose ends...and Luke & Lorelai on the road to happiness, as they should be.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one weeping at the end.  It especially got me when Rory & Lorelai drove into town, and saw everyone waiting to give Rory a proper send off.  I had   running down my face (while my roommate laughed at my sentimentality...she's so cold ..not really, just not sentimental over TV shows.)  I had to re-watch it alone, so I could enjoy a good cry.  

As you say, all good things...I just wish it didn't have be that way.  I find it harder every season to find something I really enjoy watching.  When I do, it seems the show gets cancelled...I feel like a jinx.    Oh well, we'll see what September brings...if nothing good, I'll stick to what I already like, and read a bit more.   Should probably do that anyway, as I've gotten behind in my reading.

good job

it did every well to last 7 seasons-i still think season 5 & 6 was the best season for gilmore girls because fight between lorelai and rory.

Reply #13 bala's post

Season 5 and 6 are my favorite seasons as well! The storyline was so well written and captivating.

love this show, haven't seen beyond this season though. It used to be the show that I watched on a sat and sun morning at 8-10 am (double eppi) on the Halmark channel.

Reply #9 missi0n's post

Glad you found us...now you can catch up with the rest of the series.

yeah there was some good stories and we meet logan who actually turn out to be a good guy. the goodbye in the rain proves how much luke loves rory that was nice ending.

now no other show can match this ?

Reply #15 bala's post

We actually met Logan in season 5, and he was a regular in seasons 6 & 7.  I like that they let his character grow beyond the spoiled rich kid, but was really happy with the way things between him and Rory finally ended up.  
I agree about Luke.  He's such a solid guy, who not only loves Lorelai, but Rory as well.  I love that, and the fact that he organized the entire going away do for Rory.  It takes a real friend to care that much...one of my favourite scenes.

I'm missing it again....just when I think I'm getting over it, you guys suck me back in.  Will the sorrow never end?

isn't that fan suppose to do that-i hate the fact i watch all season of gilmore before i discovered this place i was season 4 episode 9 than i discovred 2 days before the show was moving to VIP channel i finished off season 4 than earn my first 10 point to watch 5 episodes and i finished it a few weeks back.

i never really like Jess but Tristan was a lot more interesting-what happened to him at chilton?

Thread