74 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Gilmore Girls Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Gilmore Girls Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

This is a general discussion thread for Gilmore Girls Season One feel free to participate. Here's an editorial review featured on Amazon.com:

A very atypical mother-daughter relationship is at the center of Gilmore Girls, a comedy-drama that immediately set itself apart from the herd with smarter-than-smart dialogue and an endearing mix of whimsical comedy and family drama. Set in the Capra-esque burg of Stars Hollow, where everybody knows everyone and eccentrics abound, Gilmore Girls was less a mother-daughter show and more of a screwball buddy comedy in which the two buddies happened to be parent and child. Pregnant at 16, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) left her rich parents to bring up her daughter Rory (Alexis Bledel) on her own terms; when Rory herself turns 16, Lorelai wants to send her academically gifted daughter to the prestigious Chilton school. The catch is, Lorelai can't afford it on her own, and rather than let Rory go without, the elder Gilmore girl brokers an uneasy truce with her parents (Edward Herrmann and Kelly Bishop), who finally get a chance to bond with their granddaughter while financing her education.

It sounds like a premise potentially fraught with angst and trauma, but in reality Gilmore Girls was one of the freshest, airiest, most enjoyable shows to air on the perpetually melodramatic WB network, critically praised once viewers got hooked on its unique brand of humor. Rory's growing-up adventures, including her acclimation to snooty Chilton and romance with townie dreamboat Dean (Jared Padalecki), gave the show a teen-friendly feel, but Gilmore Girls was anchored in the adult by the luminous Graham, a brilliant comedic leading lady who could turn dramatic on a dime and never break stride. The show's hallmark was its rat-a-tat, whipsmart dialogue, delivered perfectly by Graham and Bledgel, as well as a host of wacky supporting characters who would go on to become invaluable cast members. The first season allowed the show--and its lead actresses--to bloom gracefully and establish a deep, humorous rapport that lent itself perfectly to weekly travails both comedic and dramatic. --Mark Englehart

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-10-2015 18:53 ]
   It only takes a minute to change your life... | PAUSE |   

wow season 1....it feels like so long ago. i definitely loved season 1 because it was one of the most genuine "gilmore girl" seasons. there were tons of references and all the old music and movies were rather educating for me. the first few episodes really sent out the message that GG is a truly unique show that emphasizes the importance of mother-daughter relationships. i was more interested in lorelai's relationship with max and rory's adjusting to chilton, but i didnt really ccare much for luke or dean...that came later . i'd say more but i cant really remember details...i should set a marathon for myself

i loved the introduction of jess and the goodbye to tristan. it was right to let go of tristan because it would be complicated for 3 guys to be after rory. i was sad for max to go and later chris, but lorelai definitely kept the audience in suspense! i loved the basket episode...and when luke and jess were looking for an apartment - jess was a great character, despite his wild side.

season 3 was one of my favorites. i kinda liked that lor wasn't really "with" anyone for a long time, cause it gave her the freedom to have the single pizzazz. rory and jess was my favorite part and focus - like everyone says, great chemistry. my favorite episodes were the dance marathon (the girls were beautiful!) and the finale....rory's speech makes me cry everytime. and back then i was totally rooting for lor and luke, so the beginning and end dreams sent me through the roof!

hmmmm....season 4 lagged for a while in my opinion. i was sad about the lor and rory separation and i missed their everyday banter (the phone wasn't the same) rory wasn't really with anyone, which got kind of boring and i hated jason. but the end was amazing - one of my favorite scenes of all time was the famous lor/luke dance....and the finale was great. rory was stupid to sleep with dean but at least it added drama for the audience!

fifth season was AMAZING. finally lor and luke were together and logan was a big catch. i loved the you jump i jump....ummmm and the beginning ones with luke and lorelai first starting to date. the end was sweet and sour - with rory dropping out of yale and lorelai getting engaged, and a great cliffhanger for next year. i liked the extras on the 5th season dvd...especially the tours of the set!

I didn't really like season 6. The first half was happy because of the engagement and upsetting that Rory wasn't at Yale where she belonged. Then when things become right between the girls, April shows up and screws up everything. The only part I liked with April was her b-day party. I also loved Martha's Vineyard....so cute. Wow I should let someone else talk, lol.

i know the new producers shouldnt be blamed, but season 7 was bad without amy. luke and lor were meant to be after 9-10 years, the sudden marriage of chris and lor made it so obvious that they were going to break up. the end wasn't satisfying because i wanted to see more of luke and lor together. im happy that rory said no to logan's proposal because she was too young to get married and she still needed time to settle down with a job and be a true adult out of high school. i also loved paris and doyle...in seasons 6 and 7 they made up when the show lagged. my favorite episode were the ones at the end, especially the karaoke.

Season 4

Since you didn't create a season 4 thread i will discuss it here since assuming people are watching season 5 will post here.

ok i'm angry at Rory for sleeping with Dean-he's a married man and she shouldn't of done that . i hate that she did that-she knows better. i'm fan Rory and dean but dean is married to Lindsey and should be off-limits.

well

I found season 7 all over the place it has no consistency you could see the writer had difficulty maintain a good story-line-i agree marriage to chris was so annoying. Luke and her should have been together. it going to be a show i'm really going to miss but i havn't seen season 5 or season 6 so it's not over yet for me.

The reason i liked this show is because it's a family show i'm a big fan of family show-it suitable show you can watch with your kids.

Reply bala's post

There is a season 4 discussion. I created a discussion for each season. I believe season 4 was bumped down to the second page. As you can see I moved you post over to the correct thread. As always,

Happy Viewing!

Thank you

sorry i didn't realise there second page to this place

UNBELIEVABLE!

OMG! WOW WOW WOW! This season was unbelievable! I mean wow so much happened... I don't have enough words I can't even think straight! I just got through with the finale and I'm floored! The entire season was great. So much happened.. wait I said that already! I think they did indeed hit a new level in this season. There were so many great episodes. It was like a huge emotional roller coaster. I have to say so far it's one of my fav seasons! I mean we come back right where a jaw dropping finale picked up to end off with another jaw dropping finale. All the stories and sub plots in this season were fantastic. So much drama, heartbreak, lovers, new experiences, emotions, unexpected twists and turns. Rory and Dean story, Luke and Lorelai's story then this new guy that totally swiped Rory off her feet. I'm sure I'm just blabbering now there's too much on my mind and this finale has me itching for the next season ASAP! SO off I go!

All the emotions I experienced this season:

... ... ... ... ...   ...   ...    ...   ... .... ....

i agree

The first season was brilliant because we introduced to a single mother who had raise her daughter by herself without a man and she did a brilliant job. i like how they are so close to each other.

Than we met luke, suki,michelle

we found a lot a few things about them as episode went on and on.

So far I've watched the first 10 episodes of this season. I really liked the first episode. The proposal and acceptance so cute! I loved that Jess came back and knocked some sense into Rory's head he's a stand up guy!   I don't like that Chris is back in the girls lives once again, I know he's not a bad guy but grrrr we all know what he does when he comes into the story    Also Paul Anka is so cute a great addition!   And OMG LUKE HAS A KID!   Well I want to find out what's going to happen so I'm off to watch more epis.

i watched first 2 episode so far

i've just finished season 4 and moving to season 5.

rory writing a letter-knew that would end bad

Emily & richard on the rock -still emily climbing out a window without her trouser was   

:lol :lol

Season Three Discussion!

Can't remember which episode number or title, either "Devilled Eggs..", or when Sherry had the baby...

Has anyone else noticed that Chris & Sherry's daughter Gigi's name is a nod to the title of our show?

I know Lorelai was peeved that Sherry was "copying" her, by giving her a cute nickname with the same sounds in both syllables, but, come on, Gigi...GG.

Just a thought. !
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Wow ok I just got done with this season...   I was sad at the end of the finale... I don't want to jump into any conclusions yet so I wont comment much on it ...   Luke and Lorelai are meant for each other. Now I wonder how AS-P would have taken this story, I know I'll find out how the new writers did but I can't help but wonder where her road would have lead the show. Well on to the next season. I'm still holding out hope for my fav couple no matter what! And there better be a movie or at least AS-P should tell us how she would have taken the story!

Off I go now

... ...

I've just watched the first two episodes of this season and so far... GRRRR   The usual quizzical fast paced banter has disappeared... don't even get me started on the Luke and Lorelai storyline I miss AS-P   If this is what the rest of the season will look like then I'm glad the ended before going on with another season like these two episodes I've seen. Really is there anything to look forward to here? Does it get even a little better? There a few okay parts but things drag on too long. I think only my loyalty will get me through this and to get some sort of closure or something like it. I really don't like how it's headed tho.

Okay the next few episodes I watched weren't as bad as the first two or so. I guess the new writers and producer are trying to gain their legs. But I can't help but notice the difference in writing through the dialog between the characters. There are points where the conversations and actions seem OOC in my opinion. And of course I don't like where I see Chris and Lorelai are headed

74 1234
Thread