Thread
Printable Version

Wallander Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Wallander Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss The Show Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-11-2015 21:02 ]

Just finished the first episode- I know the books but I must say, well made. I truly enjoyed the first one. I am tempted to watch the next one straight away but I'll make it last! I'm not a big fan of Branagh's but I have to admit- he as Wallander is good.

I've seen (some) of the swedish Wallander. I haven't read the books (it's not my kind of genre). Maybe I'll watch at least the first episode of the english version, just to compare the two.

hello!

We watched all three episodes of Wallander in one go and thought they were brilliant. Personally it wasn't until episode 2 that Kenneth Branagh hit his stride in this new role for me so dont give up! It was the look of the series and the fresh musical score that had us hooked initially but by the end I was singing Branagh's praises as an actor which is something I've missed being able to do since Much Ado About Nothing. The budget for these three episodes was 6million pounds and it was shown at prime time in the UK so hopefully the series was popular and we'll have new film length episodes every once in a while like Prime Suspect!

Thanks for putting this up, excellent tv.

[ Last edited by peasonice at 12-26-2008 17:18 ]

Ok, I'm done with all three and yes, I liked Branagh in this one. It was a really great adaptation- I enjoyed the episodes A LOT. SO glad I got a chance to watch them here. I knew the books but still, it was great entertainment.

This is a great show but has the strangest TV schedule with only three episodes every two years

3x01 An Event in Autumn

What rotten luck for Kurt after his dog discovered a skeleton of a girl in the garden of his dream home he moved in with his new girlfriend and what happened to the pregnant girl on the ferry was tragic, what a scum bag the guy was for hitting the young officer with a hammer for killing his dogs in self defence

3x02 The Dogs Of Riga

This was a hard case to follow after the bodies of a pair of Latvian men were found on a life raft but not knowing there were drugs in the raft until it was stolen and the only solid lead was who received the fax's, the Latvian police are looking like they are hiding something and hiding the files in the police station was risky

3x03 Before The Frost

I hope no swans were hurt during the filming of this but how anyone could do something like that is sickening but finding the elderly woman's burned body which was discovered in a shallow grave was sad, Kurt should of looked where he was going when he stood on the bear trap and because of the confusion they opened fire which was amusing

4x01 The White Lioness

It looks like the Swedish woman walked on to the wrong farm but Kurt being in South Africa to attend a conference was lucky with him being Swedish as well and Kurt also taking a wrong turn and ending up at the same farm as the woman was bizarre, taking Kurt at gunpoint from his hotel was a bold move and finding the woman's body was sad but what she had stumbled upon made sense why she was killed

Wallander: Episode 2 Trailer - BBC One

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 5-30-2016 16:01 ]

4x02 A Lesson in Love

The mother looked like she survived a violent attack at home only to die in the field and it wasn't looking good for the missing girl at first but her killing her drunk mother was a surprise, Kurt leaving his loaded gun in a restaurant was a stupid mistake

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 5-30-2016 16:02 ]

4x03 The Troubled Man

Kurt should of told his daughter what the doctor said when she asked for his help as it was the perfect opportunity to tell her but his daughter's future hanging in the balance when her husband became a suspect was surprising but his father being a spy was tragic as their granddaughter could loose both her grandfathers

Thread