61 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Primeval Season 3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Primeval Season 3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

As you can see from the new cast shot above, there are some new faces on board for the next run. Laila Rouass will play Egyptologist Sarah Page(Egyptology is a big part of the stories in series three), while regular readers will already be familiar with new security chief Captain Becker (Ben Mansfield).

Not pictured but a huge new character is Danny Quinn (Jason Flemyng), a copper who works his way into the team following an incident involving his brother. Finally, real-life wife of Ben Miller, BelindaStewart-Wilson, has a recurring role as a high ranking government official who makes life difficult for Lester.

Producer Tim Bradley teases at what else we can look forward to in series three.

How is work coming on the new series?
"I came on board for series three - I didn't do the first two - in December 2007, then scripts started arriving in February this year and we started shooting in April. We completed shooting towards the end of October and we're now in post-production."

What's different about series three?
"If I'm absolutely honest, we're making slightly tighter use of everything that's been set up in the first two series to drive the journey. In each episode we've tried to vary the creatures, so some will be different from those you've seen before. There will still be prehistoric creatures, like our G-Rex (Giganotosaurus), but there are a couple of other creatures you wouldn't imagine we would have in this show. It's easy to get a bit stale though: a creature will come through and terrify people, then either it gets shot, lured or kicked back through an anomaly. So we're changing that a bit. Also we do have a little more character development this series, and we do have some very dramatic plot points and a different grouping of characters. So the energy's there and we'll have a lot more story."

Last year we had creatures wreaking havoc in an office block, a shopping centre and a theme park. What sort of setups do we have this series?
"Our action scenes are very full-on this series. We have a scenario at an airport, with a G-rex running everywhere, and we have an Egyptology story, as well as a big sequence in the Arc!"

Is the Helen Cutter (Juliet Aubrey) storyline continuing throughout the series?
"It would be fair to say that Helen Cutter has got quite a big agenda this year but you will see that come in and out. We do also have some dark horses this year that might take the series to a crashing conclusion!"

I hear the final three episodes will be set in a Future world. What can we expect from that?
"It will be a sort of green and blue pleasant land. It will be quite an interesting place to be, a wonderment! There will be elements of Futureworld that connect us to the present day, so it won't feel totally alien, but it might feel that our team are in a very strange place. The big series arc, which I don't want to say too much about,will unfold there. Arriving in Futureworld is a progression of the show- what is Nick Cutter's world about? What is his quest? And where does that take him?"

Have you prepared for a possible fourth series?
"I think it would be fair to say there is a definite cliffhanger at the end of the series. We place our team in a dire situation that requires resolving. We're very positive about series four, and I know that Peter Fincham (ITV director of television) has said he very much likes what he's seen of series three, so if there is a series four the cliffhanger will be picked up and taken forward."

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-4-2015 11:48 ]

Reply 1#1 bala's post

Season 3 was supposed to start tomorrow but now it is not on the schedule now do you know when it will start

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-13-2009 22:05 ]

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Tonight

yes i know you know

Episode 1

Good start to the season and it still as complicated as ever now that 3 different side playing together. Cutter teams the good guy than helen team the bad guys and now we are introduced 3rd party who is the government who has another agenda.

As for new character it's early to tell

interesting,
I Love the Egyptian God twist, the loch ness and yeti/ mythical creature twist and most of all love all the new characters. touche'

Reply 5#5 gabsimom's post

helen haveing the resouses to clone intriges me where in the future does she kill off the first clra
The Mod Police Are Watching You

Reply 6#6 magic4u's post

Hey you
Helen can clone? I need to go back and read my notes. I am following too many conspiracy theory shows.

Reply 7#7 gabsimom's post

Wait there not really clones they are same person from different reality in one place i believe just my own theory

Episode 2

Well ok episode nothing to get excited about but preview episode 3 look fantastic

Episode 3

i can't believe they killed off cutter

why kill cutter? Helen is so confusing.

Reply 11#11 gabsimom's post

do you think he will return i just don't understand why he went back for her?

Episode 4

Wow those reporter got what they deserved

Episode 5

Another person leave the show

I am ok with it. the show itself is interesting enough that I am not sobbing over cast members.

IWas it just me or did the creatures faces look a little unsuitable for children?

Reply 15#15 gabsimom's post

i thought it had a funny face

Primeval 3x06

Those bird were funny

Birds are vicious in the real world too.

Well this was interesting knight comes from anormally and so does a dragon but next week preview look rather good

Reply 19#19 bala's post

But no damsel in distress

61 1234
Thread