24 12
Thread
Printable Version

Points Allocation Per Show - Some Help

Points Allocation Per Show - Some Help

When you login you will see the below screen as a VIP member:

This is a screen shot of the Viewing History before any VIP shows were viewed
(90210 is a free show per 14 Oct 08):

You can select a VIP show up to 30 times within a 24hr period and only be charged 2 points in total. Below is a screen shot of the viewing history after watching a VIP show 4 times:

Below is a screen shot of the points balance after watching the show 4 times. As you can see, only 2 points were taken in total:

Note: In some rare cases we have had issues with more than 2 points taken in error. In order for you to keep track of your points balance, please always have a look at the above screen and note your balance before selecting a new show. If you suspect that you have had more than 2 points taken, then please send a copy of your Viewing History to lbjedward

Many thanks for your continued patience as we make improvements to the site

[ Last edited by 01torres at 10-15-2008 13:29 ]

thank you

thanks for the help Sinead.

hi please help (lost points)

Hi Sinead,
I have pm-ed lbj twice now in the last few days,but have not received any answer.
here is what i sent him, can you help please?
.. i have just made my first purchase and i am trying to watch an episode of desperate housewives.
however as i didn't know which episode i had seen already,(as they don't have a title or short description) i opened a few of them,3-4 before finding it.
now, its working perfectly but i noticed that i have been charged for those episodes too.
your colleague in customer service advised me to write to you about it, so i was wandering if there is anything you can do to rectify the situation and also perhaps give me some directions so that i can avoid doing this in the future...
10033547          Desperate Housewives Season 5          22          2009-05-18 10:13:52          91.106.227.194
10033534         Desperate Housewives Season 5         21         2009-05-18 10:12:09         91.106.227.194
10033529         Desperate Housewives Season 5         19         2009-05-18 10:11:47         91.106.227.194
10033527          Desperate Housewives Season 5          16          2009-05-18 10:11:22          91.106.227.194
Thank you in advance.
A
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +6 For lost points 5-20-2009 04:29

Reply 3#3 ayaan30's post

Hi there,

Just to check (and I know codebreaker said the same on your other post) but when you sent the PM did you tick (check) "save a copy in outbox" at the end? If so, the PM won't have gone to Ibjedward, it's a bug in the system. So have a look at that first to make sure it went. It should be in your "tracking" section and not the "outbox" section if it has sucessfully gone. Also, if it is still in bold then ibjedward hasn't read it yet.

You are correct to say that it will charge you for those two episodes again. You can click up to 30 times on the same episode in a 24hr period and you won't be charged. Outside of that, you will be charged again.

What we tell people (and I do this myself!!) is to either keep a list (I use excel as I find it easy to sort) of all the shows you've watched so you check that the next time you go to load an episode or send a PM to yourself with the lasts episodes you've watched, so again you can keep track.

I hope this helps. I've given you some forum points (which you can convert to VIP points) as you weren't aware of this before.

Shinny

Reply 4#4 shinny's post

I actually send a PM to myself telling me which episode(s) to watch next.  That way it's right here on the site, and I never have to search through the episodes to see which one I looking for.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Lost points due to incomplete viewing

Hi there,
What can I do to restore 2 points for an episode that suddenly froze and left me a message "timed out", I went to reload the video on the American stream and that time the message said invalid".
On my view history  it shows that I accessed the show twice, but I never got to complete the episode.
Robin Hood Season 2, Episode 6

Quote:
Originally posted by audracwalker at 15-5-2010 03:46  
Hi there,
What can I do to restore 2 points for an episode that suddenly froze and left me a message "timed out", I went to reload the video on the American stream and that time the message said inval ...
You are actually able to watch a show more than once in a 24 hour period without it deducting further points.  That is providing you keep using the same server.  If you are still not able to view the show and find it has deducted more points than it should, send a PM with a copy of your viewing history and a brief description of what happened to Lbjedward who is our administrator.
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

Thank you for your sharing ,I like them very much,and I like the tera gold and ffxiv gil game,if you have time,you can try them.

We do NOT allow SPAM on this site.  I have edited out the links in your post.

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 8-11-2010 11:23 ]
Recent Ratings

Reply 8#8 iaerafy's post

Actually, unless there is a glitch, you should be able to watch the show on EITHER server up to 30 times/24 hours on the initial F$.

F$ to points

Hey,  To purchase F$  I'm directed to choose to pay 10$ for 10 F$ or 20$ for 20 F$ etc.  My question is:  How many points is equal to 1 F$?  If I pay 20$ (U.S. dollars) do I receive 20 points.  If an episode of a tv show requires 2 points am I spending 2$ to watch it?  Or do I receive 10 points for each F$ or U.S. dollar?  O-kay.  I can not think of any other way to ask this one question.    thanks!

Reply 10#10 sheibs's post

Go into your account in VIP and look at the Exchange F$

there are several options, e.g. 10 F$ get you 80 points, 20 F$ get you 200 points etc.
check here, you have to be logged in though
http://vip.tv-video.net/index.php?mod=members&fun=payment
Recent Ratings
  • trulee Points +5 For helping a member 8-18-2010 08:28

hi what is the cost of one episode?

was the price raised from last year?

Reply 13#13 ltoledano's post

The costs have not changed.  Most animated shows are 1 point, while all others are 2 points, unless they are in the free section.  The actual cost out of pocket, if you buy F$, depends on the exchange rate at the time.  Points can also be obtained by being active in the forum, where you can earn points that can be converted for VIP viewing.

computer went crazy

last night i was watching brothers and sisters and the same screen opened maybe 40 times.  then when i got it to stop and tried to resume watching i got an error message that said i exceeded the number of clicks allowed in a 24 hour period and i couldn't watch anything.

i lost a lot of points due to this happening. help??

Reply 15#15 zzaina's post

The only thing I can think to suggest is to follow the instructions in post #1 and send a PM to lbjedward explaining what happened.

Reply 16#16 waterlilybarb's post

thank you!

Reply 17#17 zzaina's post

You're welcome.   Please post again if you have any more difficulties, or to tell us when your problem has been resolved.

Thanks a lot .......

------------------------------------------------------
plc training in india

no points

I've paid and have 40 pts but somehow it shows me that I cannot watch because I have no points.
Schulenn

24 12
Thread