Thread
Printable Version

True Blood - Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Charlaine Harris writes a series that seems to be where this show came from. The Sotuher Vampire series. Of course her books are not that violent and more funny. But its main character is a waitress who can hear thoughts in Louisiana who starts dating a vampire. In fact, IIRC, the synthetic blood the vampires drink is called TruBlood. Um yeah so I think that's what this show is based on. Strange, I hadn't heard of it.

[ Last edited by silver1978 at 8-7-2008 07:09 ]
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

I looked up the show online after I posted here and found that it is indeed based on Charlaine Harris Souther Vampire Series. IF the show is anywhere near as good as the books, I will definitely be watching.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply 23#23 gabsimom's post

I liked Blood Ties, but really only because Henry was super hot
E. E. Cummings

Quote:
Originally posted by gyki98 at 8-13-2008 12:37  
blood ties was on freakin lifetime.lifetime.........the worst channel ever
Which is what probably ended up killing the show, but also why it had a really hot guy in it
E. E. Cummings

Reply 29#29 gyki98's post

I have seen the first couple episodes and I am not sure what to think. They got the characters down pretty well overall, but the tone of the show- I am not sure about. The books are much more in-line with a comedic overtone- this is looking much more NC-17 at the very least.
E. E. Cummings

Reply 35#35 bala's post

It really goes along with the books Bala, but is more graphic on screen I think.

I like the show- it's just another one like Weeds I can't watch until my sons asleep.
E. E. Cummings

The thing I like about the show and the books, is they don't glamorize the whole vampire thing.
E. E. Cummings

Yes gabsimom.
**POSSIBLE BIG SPOILERS**
Sam is a shifter who can change into any animal he wishes, but prefers the form of the dog. In the book, Rene is the killer.
END **SPOLIER**
E. E. Cummings

Reply 52#52 shinny's post

In regards to the spoiler thing: Do you remember what episode that was? I can't recall that.
E. E. Cummings

SPOILERS
Ok so it's been a while since I read the books, so I wasn't sure about this. I was pretty certain Sam couldn't be himself and the dog at the same time. True Blood wiki says that yes Sam is a shifter, yes he prefers the collie, but he can also shift into any animal he sees last. My guess is that there is a real dog and Sam uses the dog as a reference for his shifting.
/SPOILERS
E. E. Cummings

Reply 57#57 bala's post

lol Bala, don't highlight the spoiler part!
E. E. Cummings

I knew that Sookies gran was going to die, but it was still very sad. I feel bad for Tara and her mom- alcohol can do terrible things to people.

I do really just love this show. I think they are doing a wonderful job with it and the casting is superb.
E. E. Cummings

Thread