Thread
Printable Version

True Blood - Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

This was a really brilliant episode. The funniest part for me was how Layfayette reacted after drinking Eric's blood. Hilarious. It was interesting what Eric said to Layfayette about Sookie!

Maryanne continues to manipulate people with her magic ways. I'm guessing that she is the creature who attacked Sookie. She doesn't like Sookie and Tara's friendship. It threatens whatever plan she has up her sleeve!

Poor Jason, he's just been pulled further and further into the Light of Day shenanigans. I think we're going to see it coming to an all out war with Jason having to face Sookie at the end of it.

And what's the story with Barry? Sookie found someone else who can read minds, excellent!!

I just love this show so much and it's getting better and better each new episode.

Reply 38#38 shinny's post

I agree with you about Maryanne being the creature that attacked Sookie

Quote:
The funniest part for me was how Layfayette reacted after drinking Eric's blood. Hilarious
Yes that was extremely funny-only he could pull that off so well   

i just find the episode rather slow
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +2 Tks for your TB contribution 7-13-2009 03:19

I actually found Sookie and Barry's scene very entertaining.. it was funny... but then again, i knew what was going to happen, (thanks to the books.)  i personally enjoyed how Jessica imitated Bill in one of the earlier episodes, she sounded just like him. what i do find quite funny though, is their  "Southern" accents... i live in south Louisiana, and we so dont talk like that down here, and the further north you go, the less of a country twang you have. so it makes me giggle when they over excentuate it.
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +2 Tks for your TB contribution :-) 7-17-2009 00:26

Reply 41#41 icyhotflame's post

Yeh I'd imagine some of their "southern" accents are over played and weird to real southerners!! I guess that's because a lot of the main characters aren't even American!!;

Stephen (Bill) is English,
Ryan (Jason) is Australian
Alex (Eric) is Swedish
Anna (Sookie) is Canadian

Never Let Me Go

wow Daphne is a shape-shifter just like Sam , wow there really know do the shocks. Sookie when did she suddenly become so how shall we say confident when first meet her she was a shy girl now it seem she can't keep her clothes on-not that I'm complaining but it does get slightly annoying amount times there show in each episode distracts from the show.

Jessica really is like a little girl

poor Jason that women is crazy as hell

Nice history lesson about Godick and Eric
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +3 For your TB contribution 7-20-2009 11:17

2x05 "Never let me go"

There was just so much going on in this episode. So Daphne is a shape shifter, no surprises there. I like that Sam has someone he can relate to, but I just don't trust her. Neither does Arlene by the looks of things, although she wasn't a very good judge when it came to Rene!

Love the Jessica and Hoyt storyline. They are so cute !

It appears that Sarah is not as drawn into the FOTS plan as her husband. Either way things are not rosey in the garden there, judging by the "reward" she gave to Jason!

Maryanne! Well, that scene with her sitting in Sookie's kitchen dressed like Gran was pretty telling. Well it told me that Eggs can't be trusted either because Tara told him that story about Gran being like a mother to her which he has obviously relayed to Maryanne. Poor Tara, she's gonna get more and more sucked into their web. And Maryanne made sure of that at Merlotte's!

Eric's past. It was great to see Eric's back story. I had a feeling Godric was going to be his maker and hence the strong bond with him. Godric looks so young and like a caveman, lol.

The Vamp Lady at the end, wonder who is she?

[ Last edited by shinny at 7-20-2009 16:41 ]

Quote:
The Vamp Lady at the end, wonder who is she?
i think she's some sort vampire killer based on her appearance

ps: i wished i hadn't seen the promo now

[ Last edited by bala at 7-20-2009 19:04 ]

Reply 45#45 bala's post

I know who she is now, but I won't say :-)

True Blood 2x05 Never Let Me Go

Sookie connects with another telepathy well until he quit and Sam with another shape-shifter but with everyone getting frisky Jason has turned the other way
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +2 Tks for your TB contribution :-) 7-21-2009 10:03

Reply 47#47 codebreaker's post

i can't wait to see sookie and jason see each other in that place

This episode was awesome True Blood just keeps getting more entertaining. I think I'm liking this season more then the last there's just so much going on in this season.  
I thought I'd hate Jessica being around but she's kind of awesome and funny. Jason and Luke's rivalry is so immature yet immensely funny. The scene when Luke was trying to get up the fence was gold.

Maryanne on the other hand is annoying I can't stand her and I wonder what's up with her obsession with Tara and is Egg in on it?

Bill and Sookie  suit together I hope they last and I also hope we see Barry again he looked interesting. Anyway's I can't wait for next week's episode.

P.S I checked on TV.com and we can expect to see True Blood on every week until the 11th ep so there's no annoying long breaks to wait and does anyone know if the 11th ep is the last ep of season two or is there more?
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +4 Tks for your TB contribution :-) 7-21-2009 10:05
GET A FREE XBOX 360

http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=98689      

What a great ep. I always though that lady had it in for Jason.

And Sookie finding someone else like her was great to see.

As for tara and that other lady. I cant figure out why she wants tara so bad and what she is.
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +3 Tks for your TB contribution 7-21-2009 10:06

True Blood 2x06 Hard-Hearted Hannah

This was a interesting episode with Hugo and Sookie being dragged down the basement at the Light of Day camp chapel. Tara and Eggs take a detour while on a road trip and what has Daphne got planned for Sam

2x06 "Hard-Hearted Hannah"

Wow wee, there was just so much going on in this episode. This is what everything was leading up to and now we watch as it falls together.

So we know for sure Eric is after Sookie and brings in Bill's maker (Lorena) to distract him. Poor Sookie. I actually thought that Rev Newlin would know who she was; of course he would! But the one glimmer of hope is that Sarah is not with him on this. I just wonder will she tell Jason in time so he can help Sookie escape

Bills dark side; so we got to see Bill's dark side an boy was it dark! He was with not a nice character at all as obviously has done a complete 180. The scene with the girl bleeding beside them as the romped in the bed was pretty harrowing.

The scene with Terry and Layfayette was so nice. Terry's a great guy and you can see he's had a lot of pain in his life and wanted to help Layfayette get through whatever pain he was in.

Well I knew Daphne couldn't be trusted and looks like I was right + she's Maryanne's pig and lewered poor Sam into the orgy !!

One thing is for sure, next week is gonna be good !

[ Last edited by shinny at 7-27-2009 16:11 ]

Reply 52#52 shinny's post

Well i knew we couldn't trust Daphne i knew she had a plan to trap Sam.Terry and Layfayette that really surprising scene to see. seeing two grown men hug each other was sweet but at the same time i found rather amusing because guys don't hug each other ever .

Sarah has changed not so innocent herself but the war is going to be interesting to see who survive.

The guy telling his mother girl he's seeing was a vampire was funny as hell and look on her face was priceless.   

Release Me Discussion Thread

Discuss episode 7 here. I will be doing a quiz on this show also.

This was a much slower paced episode at the start and then built up towards the end.

Tara is very suspicious of Maryanne, I hope Sam tells her what has been going on.

Very interesting conversation between Isabel and Eric at the start. Sure he's not interested in Sookie!!
We found out that Hugo is the traitor because Isabel wouldn't turn him.

Poor Bill, he's powerless against Lorena and he couldn't do anything to go and help Sookie. We got to see how Bill couldn't get over his "conscience" of killing people and how he got away from Lorena the last time.

I think it was great how Sookie sent the message to Bill (and Eric) through Barry!

And Eggs stabbing Daphne. Obviously Maryanne had no use for her and if she can't control here, she got Eggs to do her dirty work. I think Eggs must have been responsible so for what happened in the forest in the last episode.

I thought it was going to be Eric that saved Sookie from Gabe but it was Godric.

[ Last edited by shinny at 8-3-2009 10:48 ]

I've been thinking about Maryann getting rid of Daphne. I think she might try to frame Sam so she can control him?? Poor Sam!

Reply 2#2 shinny's post

yes this was a slow paced episode but is Jason dead or alive ?

As to the episode it does provide some background to bill but Godric was a surprised so he was not imprisoned -look next week episode is going to be interesting.

if Maryann is immortal does that mean she can't be killed ?

Sam seem to be the only one believe the cop while everyone think he drunk
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +4 For your TB Contribution 8-3-2009 12:16

Thread