The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Quote:
Originally posted by kwargalla at 5-10-2008 17:50  
the big black box thingy
I love it when women get all technical

Reply 101#101 casper27's post

ssh.............we got them on our side don't blow it

Reply 99#99 moppybrody's post

Actually, I call it multi-region too. I only starting referring to region free when the new PS-3 came out !

Reply 97#97 bala's post

I still have my cassettes and a player.  I don't have a turntable anymore though, so finally gave up the albums.   As far as I know, various formats can be played on an i-pod or other mp3 player - I don't have one though, so I'm not speaking form experience.  

BTW, clever thinking Shinny!  Nice way to save some dough.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 104#104 waterlilybarb's post

Same here i still have Cassettes it seem while i was at uni this thing I-pods and stuff i completely missed it after i left uni i keep seeing everyone with i-pods and i feel no-idea how they all learnt to use it.

Reply 97#97 bala's post

Wow, we could be here all day trying to explain where MPEGs and .MP3 and MP4 etc came from, seriously !!

I don't have an I-Pod because I just didn't want to buy into that whole monopoly to be honest. So, I have a Sony MP3/4 player. It means I can download (via a USB cable, so no software required) Audio, Video, Pictures etc. The introduction of MPEG-4 allowed for Video/Pictures to be downloaded onto these players. So the extension .mp4 allowed for a distinction on what was in the mpeg file.

Actually, MP3 files started out way back when as midi files which were used a lot by musicians as "back tracks" and we've come a long way since then.

Reply 106#106 shinny's post

if i buy mp3 player i can simple put all mp3 tracks on it?

so i do not need i-pod?

Reply 107#107 bala's post

Yes, it doesn't have to be an I-Pod. That's just a brand name. There are loads of really good mp3 players that you can buy for a steal. Creative Zen have an MP3 player that is also a USB key which means you don't even have to buy a cable, you can just insert it into the USB slot and download your music to it.

[ Last edited by shinny at 5-10-2008 16:34 ]

Reply 108#108 shinny's post

There are loads mp3 player that have USB key depend size

2GB, 4GB, 8GB player

i don't need any more 4GB player

Reply 109#109 bala's post

Well, it depends what you want to put on it. If you just want music, then 4GB is fine. If you want Video and Pictures, then I'd go for bigger.

Reply 110#110 shinny's post

i been debating about this for about a year or 2 -i have a computer that has latest  window media player so if i want listen to it load it up and listen but limitation not mobile of i get laptop transfer the flies via USB keys.

Reply 111#111 bala's post

Well, you don't need a laptop to transfer via USB keys. Your PC will have a USB port also, so you can do it now if you wanted to.

Reply 112#112 shinny's post

Yes i know transfer it if i had laptop

put from computer via usb key toput flies on key than insert into laptop retrive the flies store it on laptop

Reply 113#113 bala's post

I don't follow what you mean?

You don't need a laptop to use a USB key is what I'm saying. You can do that straight on your PC using the USB port on the hard drive.

ok i get what your saying

Reply 115#115 bala's post

Great. Sure PM if you ever want any advice on them.

Reply 116#116 shinny's post

i'm happy with my PC  

i'm off to watch dr.who and make my dinner

see you later

Reply 110#110 shinny's post

I totally agree with shinny...... and here's one for the boys
BIGGER is BETTER (when it comes to MP3 players dirty minds out there! ).  i have a 30gb Ipod and when i got it i was like, never gonna fill it.  it's now full and i have to transfer movies & music on and off it every regularly. if you decide to get a small capacity  player just remember it means changing your play list regularly.

casper - i'm glad you like my techie talk

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 118#118 kwargalla's post

I would never buy an Ipod for myself due to that reason. I don't like electronics that require memory and don't have expandable storage. My favorite gadget ever is my Palm Pilot. With my SD cards (which are quite cheap now), I use it as an MP3 player, a video player, photo viewer, alarm clock, ebook reader (over 400 books on it at the moment!), and phone book. I can also play games on it and use the internet with WiFi. I can also write and print documents, pdfs etc if I really wanted to- just havent had the need for that part much

I broke the screen on my Palm Pilot about a month ago and was lost without it. I was so happy when my replacement came!!!

[ Last edited by silver1978 at 5-11-2008 00:14 ]
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply 119#119 silver1978's post

When my mom got her new palm (which she loves so much she got everyone in her office one) she give me her old one.  the only problem is when my boy & i moved out of our apt in canada to move here he left a bag full of electrial cords including my charger & dock. they don't sell the model i have over here and the newer versions use a different charger    still looking for a replacement.

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Thread