Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Reply 1180#1180 waterlilybarb's post

I have been here a long time through the ups and down i still come back due to my passion on tv shows still discovering new shows everyday by accident. .

I don't think anyone could discover as many show in year than me and jim.

Reply 1181#1181 bala's post

Aside from people who are paid to review shows, I think you're probably right. Wouldn't it be nice if those kind of jobs were easier to come by? Though the reviewers even have to watch shows they don't like at all, so it might not be as good as it sounds.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 1182#1182 waterlilybarb's post

Even if the show is bad it still deserves a review

BREXIT

I Suppose we should talk about this i am disappointment about this as i voted to stay but i had a feeling immigration argument would win . We had this problem for a number of years and i don't think this would make the situation better but will certainly improve it in short term but long term effects are unforeseeable .

it's really is a sad day but we just have deal with the fallout.

This would be like Trump becoming president that's how bad Brexit is but at least Cameron resigned which was right move.

Reply 1184#1184 bala's post

LOL  Oh sweet mary if Trump becomes president I just don't know what we'll do.  Hilary is just as bad so there's THAT little nugget.  I'm a southern republican and even I know Trump is bad news!!!  holy moly.

I'm sorry about the Brexit.  It's going to cause international problems....  only time will tell...
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 1185#1185 arksongbird80's post

We had a lot of interesting situations happening over here , The person who thought was going to become prime minster got stabbed in his back by his own supporter who decided he was a better man to become prime minster forcing Boris to step down and give up .

What is this world coming to 2 cop shooting this week and still nothing changes in America .

This weekend i have too many shows

normally it's around 10 but from look of it this weekend 3 full seasons

on top of 10 shows

Reply 1188#1188 bala's post

That's a LOT of shows! When will you sleep?

I've been sick with the flu, so haven't watched much this past week. I did catch up on Killjoys, so can watch the new episode tonight, but I'm only halfway through season 1 of Dark Matter, so am recording the new episodes to watch once I catch up. There are a couple of shows I like that I haven't watched the most recent seasons of, and a friend recommended another show I'll likely check out. So that's my summer viewing set, since most of my shows are on hiatus, and I'm pretty much caught up on the ones that aren't. Usually when I'm sick I veg out to TV, but this bug has me sleeping a lot.

Summer flu seems suckier than winter flu - maybe because it just feels wrong to have flu in the summer.

Reply 1189#1189 waterlilybarb's post

i don't  i probably catch few hours tonight wake up 3am go right way through 9pm

i thought summer will easy since most of main shows finish which leaves summer shows but netflix released brand new show today 8 episodes

another network hulu relasing 12 episode of another shows at the same time  -Last year these episodes were hard to find

Reply 1190#1190 bala's post

Crikey! That's a long stretch of viewing. I haven't even looked to see what new shows are out. I figure if I haven't heard of them, I'm not missing much. If I do start to hear some good buzz about something I'd like, I'll check it out. I rather like not having as much to watch sometimes. I have a list of movies I'd like to see, but when I don't feel well, I tend to watch older movies I've already seen. That way, if I fall asleep, I'm not really missing anything. lol

Reply 1191#1191 waterlilybarb's post

I managed it got most of shows done to my surprise

Quote:
Originally posted by arksongbird80 at 5-14-2016 23:13  
Not if I can help it!!!!   I've had a couple friends who's systems crashed after the upgrade.  
With the free upgrade running out in 29 July 2016 i decided to try it i don't want pay for it later .

it took 2 hours but it working ok so far

So time up for the free upgrade for windows 10

Taking a week off work catch up on as many tv shows as possible.

Yesterday took half a day off to watch Suicide Squad

Thanks for being my friend through good times & bad

i feel like i am talking to myself here

This has become my personal blog post

I liked to keep people updated on me since you guys help through tough time of my life between 2013-2015.

Those two years were tough if i didn't have anyone to chat about my feeling i don't think i would be here.

This year has extremely challenging but in a good way but this only start of my life journey i have so many things to achieve in my life i just don't know how i will accomplish my dreams and life expectation. I will make it happen.

Reply 1197#1197 bala's post

I dont always post, But Bala, I have enjoyed reading your posts over the years.  So glad this year is a good sort of challenge.  Mine has been as well which can be rewarding. I'm not watching as much TV and when I do, I'm not near a computer any more.  When you sit at a screen all day, my desire to look at one at home is limited!

What new challenges are you experience?  New job? Married? Kids?  Taking over the world???
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Quote:
What new challenges are you experience?  New job? Married? Kids?  Taking over the world?
In 2 weeks it will be a whole year at my new job,  who would of thought i would survive a whole year, never have much luck with job there always find a reason to fire me as a result that's how i became such an tv addict, those shows help me dream my life was better than it is  LOL. Mind you my boss wants to fire me but he's too lazy to interview a new person so he keeps me employed.

Married - I wish,  can you imagine explain to my future wife that I am a tv addicts and that my free time my priority will be my TV show and when i run out of tv show it will be her  

Kids - don't you hate when you see kids and wish you had one but than it hit you, your broke no-way you can afford to raise the kids .

Taking over the world - We both know if that happens the world is doomed but if Trump win it really wouldn't make any difference i am sure i can be a better president than Trump.

First time i havn't caught up with all my shows. Usually i am behind a week but this first time i behind a whole season.

2015/16 - 15+ shows i haven't caught up on

Can't decide if i should just leave them

Thread